Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i should be more specific does anyone know of some good spots to catch some big bass in or near columbus...thnks

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
I think your responses were general because I don't know that there is much of a response to the question. All of central Ohio's reservoirs and streams hold bass. Your best bet would be if you knew someone with a private pond to catch huge ones. Otherwise you will have to hunt for em in the lakes. Opinions vary on which lake is best for bass but O'shaughnessy, Griggs, Alum, and Hoover all hold good populations of largemouth. If you're bank fishing I would recommend Alum or O'shay.

·
stripes and smallies
777 Posts
alum and hoover hold the most 3lb and bigger bass than the other bodies of water in the area, for numbers cant beat oshay and or local streams. At least this has been my experience. The scioto does hold alot of 3-4 lb smallies though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
awesome responses capital outdoorsman and striperfreak, that is so true, all these lakes and streams hold good size bass and alot of decent numbers, some can get tough at times, but if you put your time in it will pay off in the end. i dont ever get to fish any ponds locally, but im sure that is the way to go for some beasts. there has been alot of posts lately asking where and how and where is the structure located to find numbers of bass and big bass. it takes work to put together patterns and alot of work to uncover what lays beneath, some info will be given locally and some will stay private, you have to get out there and fish, and also talk with local anglers and go fishing with them and learn how to find new structure and learn new techniques, you will land a big bass.

·
Registered
180 Posts
dont forget griggs i used to do good there from the bank till i got a boat but if u have a boat hoover it pretty good if u want some chunky fish

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
You already have 2 others threads about this. This one is closed. Please read the rules (TOS) that state multi posting the same subject is not permitted.
My advise is to get out and try any of the lake that have been suggested. With time you will learn to catch them. No one is going to give you an exact location as to where to catch them. Get out and learn the lakes or rivers, you will soon learn just as we all have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.