close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

colorado blade size

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by buckeyedude, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Would like to know what size of colorado blade everybody perfers on nightcrawler harness.I just bought about 2o with a #5 blade and thought they look big.Maybe a #4 would be better?So if everybody likes a#4 better I can exchange them.

2. If you get blades in sizes 3, 4 and 5, you should have everything covered.

3. I use #4 Colorado hammered brass on lake erie. Where the bite is slow or hot, try using a #3 or possibly a #2. When in Canada (way up North) last year We were using #2 with really small hooks and really small beads. I started using 4's and did not catch anything...changed to #2's and my arm was tired. Blade size has nothing to do with size of fish you catch!!! Some say it does but that is my opinion. I pulled in a 9 or 10# in Canada on a #2.
    I am not a fan of the fancy blades but I know a lot of guys that do well on them.
    I stick with brass (sometimes silver) and either green or red beads or my secret combination...

4. Get you some qiuck change snaps for using the blades on the harness,that way you can change the blade, without changing the whole harness, and blades from 2 to 5 should have it covered. Some guys like painted blades, i like green chartreuse, and if you plan on fishing Erie, Dont forget the Gold Blades.