close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

color dying tents material..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappielooker, Mar 10, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'm trying to find a way to dye my tent from bright blue to something in earth tones, like olive green or even camo.. i was at first thinking of spray paintin it.. prolly not gonna work..
    any ideas??
    what i am trying to do is modify my old tent so that i can legally use it on the bank.. and that bright blue is just not cuttin it.. :D
    thanks a bunch..
    Ak

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

put it away wet! should be green and black the next time ya get it out. :D chuck some corn on it while you are at it.

bill

3. crappielooker

i dont want any fuzz growing on it dood.. :D
    guess i'll have to do some experiments..

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AK, if you go to a good craft store, they should have a rainbow of colors, you just might want to make sure its ok for nylon...your tent material.
    Also with most dyes, your going to need to wash it...if its a big tent, might want to go somewhere that has big commercial washers to do it.

Scott

PS, dont ya have a Brolly ??????..."legally use it on the bank" you going to cut the front panel off just like a brolly then?

5. crappielooker

see..my tent is just like another bivvy they are selling in the uk.. i can have the option of leaving the front fully open or close on cold windy days.. if i cut off the front entrnce, its the same dang thing they are tryin to sell overseas.. i just dont like the bright blue color its got on it right now.. plus if i hacked it up a tad, my bedchair will fit in just perfect.. :D plus ample of room for rover to chill out in.. :D then i can have my brolly be use as storage or hangout in durin the day.. hehee..
    ooohh maan..i need to get out before i do more damage to my gear..lol..

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ak's bankside "condo"...lol..
    Hey i like blue tents..there "pretty".....hahahahahaha

Scott

7. crappielooker

i just dont like sittin under blue tent, it makes me kinda dizzy.. forget the "pretty" factor, it'll be redneck style carp condo by the time i'm done with it.. :D thought about beanbags inside too.. wouldn't that be comfy.. :D
    on a bright note, the weather will finally break this coming week.. i can't wait.. :D
    ps.. i saw some camo fabric for sale.. i might just sew that onto my existing rainfly..

8. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I was going to sugest that or you can get a camo tarp from Walmart for less than 20 bucks. Even with a camo cover I would imagine you would still get that blue light haze you were talking about but it may not be as intense.