close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Color-C-Lector

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Was this a item that actually worked or just another Helicopter Lure?? Anbody have one I can experiment with for lowcash...

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

had one of these back in the 80's. I'd say hold on to your cash.

3. A friend bought them and I actually caught a Pike with it. The Pike shredded it and I never fished one again.

4. LOWEMAN 165

LOWEMAN 165 IUOE #18

We had one back in the 80's also,don't know what ever happened to it,but I'll never buy another one to replace it. It never spit out a color close to what the fish were hitting on. We used to try it while fishing for bass and walleye mostly. Just didn't seem to work.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ah c'mon guys.roland martin worships that thing,so it's gotta be great:D ;)
    i hadn't heard much about it since it flopped years ago,but now he pimps it on almost every one of his shows:rolleyes:
    my guess is he has stock in the thing and is trying to get his money back:D

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

But I'll gladly buy any of the old system 10 Rat-L-Traps if anyone has any left. A couple of the colors worked very well but the machine never seemed to pick the right one. Some things are made to catch fisherman and not fish:D

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I have 3 of them. Wouldn,t be without one! I have a mint unit I bought from KenG. These things are priceless! They bring good beer money on EBAY. I say there fisherman catchers also. I really like the models that had the PH guide to tell you if your beer is flat! So if your beers are flat, go home. Well, thats my take on it! :S Raider

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I have one that I recieved from Raider. I throw it in his beer to see how drunk he is. I have each color marked with a drunken level. At least I know Yellow means that he's lost it. and that's where it almost always stays :D

Old people...... What can ya do :D

It goes from

No Drink
    Foo Foo Drink
    You still havent had a real drink
    1 drink
    Getting there because your old
    starting on the when I was your age (starten to get drunk)
    Follows by the huge fish stories (really startin to lose it)
    Then starts talkin racing and motas ( yep I said mota's and that's when you know)

Really after that everything is yellow or above.
    Finally you end up with Zfish has to drive raider around because he's drunk off his butt and smokin grape cigars

Buahahhahahahaa

9. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

And in Colorado its called the wuss c lector. It goes from LIMP WRISTED TROUT JERKER to You be bear SKAT! Run zfish Run! The loss of oxygen has definatley affected your abilty to think clearly. Reds rollin on the trout jerker! Bwahahahaahha! Point Raider! OK, I admit to the trailer gig. Beer c lector was on the fritz that nite! Still it was funny as hell! OK POINT ZFISH! :D Raider

10. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

WOW. Talk about a thread goin downhill fast.:confused: My 25 year old color c lector was always close to being right. Always said use chartreuse on my home lake. Already knew that as that was everybody's favorite color.:D It's just a collectors item now. And i think that was Bill Dance that used the ce-lector not Roland.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

check out roland's shows now,chaunc.he pimps that thing to no end.i can't remember if bill originally pitched it,but he doesn't now that i know of.it's now the roland martin HUGE GIANT fish,color c lector show:rolleyes:
    the thing has been brought back from the grave,and he's the one promoting it.
    do google search for
    roland martin color c lector