close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

collectible reels?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by EE, Jul 7, 2005.

1. EE

EE

here are a couple of pictures of some older reels that I have, still in good shape. My question is, does anybody know whether these types of reels are particularly common, or are they collectibles?
    the first is a Shimano, Bantam Mag IOX SG.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. I can't tell you if that Bantam is worth much or not but I have one that I still use all of the time. I am not sure if it is the same exact model (Mag IOX SG). Mine may be a smaller model. I am not overly fond of it for casting but it still makes a great jigging and worming reel. I think I have been using it for nearly 20 years now. I have to say that it is a great reel for durability.

Maybe on the other picture the easiest thing to do may be to post it in a separate post. You should be able to do it though if you go below your first pic and hit enter a couple of times to make sure that you are on a new line for inserting it.

3. EE

EE

sounds good Brian, I'll try adding the Mitchell in a separate reply.
    I agree with you about the Shimano Bantam; not a great casting reel (but then again, I don't cast often with a bait caster). As old as that reel is, it's in excellent shape, which speaks to it's durability and quality. I don't fish with it, I'm going to probably hang in to it (as you also said, these things are probably 20+ years old and at some point in time, I would have to think they will be considered antiques).
    have a good one
    Erik