close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

collapsable nets

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by old formula, Jan 20, 2005.

1. We are looking to purchase a collapsable net for lake erie walleye fishin, any input on the quality of units used would be appreciated.

2. If you are talking about one that the bag folds, the first time the net gets stuck in the closed position and you lose a hawgeye you will regret having one. I pass this comment on based on a bad experience. :( If you are describing a handle that retracts into itself then get one that is a multi sided heavy gauge aluminum. The lightweight round aluminum tubing type will bend under a heavy fish when in the extended position.

3. Thanks for the input would have found out soon enough when we tried to use one. :)After losing the head on a extendable by pushing on the release by mistake,i now put a piece of hose at the pin area with a hole in it for the pin so it cant be depressed by mistake. :rolleyes:

4. I'd like a collapsible net for my crowded/narrow 16' boat, but haven't found a good model yet. To prevent net loss, I'm attaching some foam water pipe insulation with nylon straps. It's just a matter of time before my net goes overboard and my spare could hold nothing bigger than 15" (the size I wouldn't always net).

5. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Hey Jim, the foam works great. My spare net used to belong to someone else who used that idea - I found it floating in Mosquito one day with no one else around :D

6. thanks for the thought on the foam,been to six state fairs and nine hog callins and never seen nutin like that before.

7. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

There is one very good but fairly expensive collapsable net on the market that is both dependable and tough. It stows in very little space but opens one-handed and is designed to give an angler leverage when netting large fish. I carry a couple here at the shop for nayone who wants to see one and you can check them out by searching for AMF YO-Yo nets.

8. Hey, that's my net Seaturd!

Thanks Jim C., I'll check out the yoyo's, but as Seaturd can attest, I'll never use it!

9. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Yes you will... you'll be nettin' fish fer me all season....