close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

colemen extreme coolers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iam20fan, May 20, 2007.

1. anyone use them? do they really hold ice for 5 days? my coolers got stolen last summer at country concert. i am going to kiser lake for the weekend and i need to invest in new coolers before i go. dicks got this cooler on sale for 29.99 this week. they worth it?

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

prolly if you don't open it for the 5 days,.how big are they for $29.95?

3. full size cooler. they are suppose to hold ice in 90 degree weather for 5 days

4. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I have had an Igloo for several years that had the same claim. I don't know about the 5 days but it does keep ice much longer than my standard Igloo. It has kept ice and ice cold beverages from a Thursday until Sunday afternoon during a hot summer weekend.

Jeff

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I have the smaller size that we use for our drinks and food when we head out to the lake. As stated earlier, if you load it up with ice and do not open the lid it will hold ice for several days. I would buy another one if needed so I give it a thumbs up.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I have a large one on wheels and I paid a lot more than that for it. It holds ice a long time, but the ice does melt. My old cooler I put a bag a day in. This one it just depends on how much it is open. I know on a three day camping trip I fill it only once with ice though.

7. BIL has the 120 quart Igloo Extreme and it'll keep ice from Friday-Sunday on a salmon trip in the summer.

We'll add to it...but for the most part, the original ice from the get-go stays pretty well.