close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Coldwater lake

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Pigsticker, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Anybody ever been here before. Its near the corners of Ohio, Indiana and Michigan near lake Ann I believe. Im going to be going there for a few days maybe this weekend and wondered what kind of fishing it offered.

2. PatSea

PatSea

I'm familiar with Coldwater Lake south of Coldwater Michigan as we took many family vacations there, but it was at least 20 years ago, so my input is dated. Having said that, it's a clear water lake with a drop off that runs around the edge of the lake about 1 city block off shore. You can see the drop off plainly. I used to fish that dropoff in the weeds for bluegills and pulled many nice bluegills using red worms or grub worms. At this time of the year you may find them in shallow on their spawning beds.
    The lake used to have pike in it also, although I never really fished for them.
    The lake is part of a chain of lakes so you can travel by boat to the other lakes which have different characteristics, but I never fished them as much as Coldwater Lake.
    Like I said my input is dated but hope it helps.

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Used to go there every so often when I was younger.
    It has a lot of pike, it is also infested with gar.
    The bass fishing is good, not sure if it has smallies or not.
    Its surrounded by houses with a ton of docks but there is a lot of private property so there is not much bank access to my knowledge. But its really a fun lake to fish.

4. walleye warrior

walleye warrior Clearfork Muskie Addict

I fished it last year about 3 weeks earlier than it is now. We caught a few pike and a few smallmouth with one over 4 lbs. BUT the first lake connected to it (dont know the name) you go under a small bridge and thru a channel, is loaded with weed, I mean thick weeds. I fished that with a red and white chatterbait all around the lake, and in about 3 hours landed over 30 largemouth with probably 15 over 3 lbs and a handfull over 5 lbs. That was easily one of the best fishing experiences that I have ever had. Constatnt action. I wanted to go up again this year but didnt get the chance. Good luck and let us know how you do.