close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cold front bassin?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmason, Aug 13, 2004.

1. How is the coldfront affecting the bass bite? It has been very hard to target "dog day" bass. So i was hoping this coldfront would help out the bite alot. Anybody had any luck?

2. Bassman

Bassman KevinVanDamJr

In my opinion, a cold front would help the bite during the summer, but i went yesterday and only got 1 at rushrun, so i couldnt tell you. Another thing, cold fronts dont hurt bass fishing in the north as much as people say they do. In the north bass get use to it, and it doesnt affect them as badly. Hope this helps.

-Aaron

3. Dingo

Dingo

I have more difficulty with the clear day(s) after a cold front, with that 'mile-high' sky. During the summer, the time right after the cold front might be productive due to the overcast and wind.

When the conditions get tough, I will head to the streams, where the affect isn't quite as bad.

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

This cooler weather has turned the bass on lately. On wednesday there was a tourny at miami whitewater and there were lots of fish weighed including two 5lbers! I went this morning bass fishing and my buddy and I caught eight bass. The bite was a little better than the summer bite before this cold weather.