Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the great opportunity to head to Castalia with the Jackson Township PD and do a TV story of their "Hooked on Fishing, NOT on Drugs" group. Had a BLAST with all the kids. Rattled off some video, a few still pictures, and even had enough time to catch a couple big trout on a fly rod, something I have never done. Best thing was, it was a 3 weight!!! What a blast fighting 3 to 5 pound rainbows on THAT!

Anyway, I'll be putting up a full post on it later.

If you EVER get the chance to fish up there, DO IT! It is absolutely unbelievable, all those trout. There are some monsters up there for sure.

Thanks Steve and Mike for allowing me to tell your story. It's going to be a good one! From all the smiles, the kids had a ball too!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Nice rainbow Big Daddy , but I've got to tell you, the last picture of the young lady with the trout is PRICELESS !!!! Those kids will never forget that and hopefully it helps them make good decisions when the time comes.
Tim

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thing about the program, it's all kids who have never been in the program before, so they've never fished there before! All the kids got rod and reel combos, PLUS were instructed, if they wanted, on fly fishing. I have a couple girls on video learning to fly cast, and catching their first fish on a fly as well.

The last girl was having a blast. She was working hard trying to get fish to bite, throwing a small spinner. I know she wasn't expecting to get hammered by that trout. And like you said, her reaction is priceless!

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Nice photo's.. the funny thing is me and Dee were up at the trout camp today looking at all the trout!!!! And i had slobber hanging off my chin!!!!!!!! Couldnt fish,didnt put the spare rod in the truck yet!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Great picts Big Daddy!!! I only live a couple miles from where you fished, but haven't tried it out yet!!! Looks like fun, so I guess that'l have to change.:B Great post, thx!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I love seeing stuff like that! Good job Big Daddy! I grew up in a small town just west of there a few miles. (Vickery) Graduated from Margaretta High School in Castalia in 1973. A lot of good fishing memories come out of that place.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I instructed at Castalia during the fly casting session's a few years back. Most of the students never used a flyrod befor. The women and young girls were the best students and caught on to flycasting faster than the boys and men.:)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
what does it cost to fish cold creek is int it like 5$s i would love to fish their how far is it from canfield looks like that was a blast nice pic bigdady

1 - 12 of 12 Posts