Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I hit Coe Lake this morning as I had read a few posts here and there about it being a good place to fish for bass. Spent about an hour and a half and caught a couple of largemouth. One little guy and one descent size (for me at least). Got them both on a popper (black and blue with a pink snout). We were fishing from the "beach" that faces southwest. Saw a couple other guys on our way out fishing the center area. No idea where any good spots are but a couple jumped on our hooks which made it fun. Thinking about hitting Ledge Lake in the morning to see if there are any bass that want a pic with me. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376924236.796623.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376924248.087995.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376924258.857262.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376924268.822628.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I see from your posts that you fish alot of Metroparks lakes. As a heads up, I will be stocking many thousands of good sized bass and sunfish in our lakes and ponds this fall between mid-September and ice up. Feel free to contact me this fall for details, since I anticipate weekly stockings: [email protected]

Mike

PS the fish are being donated from various private sources I've been lining up over the past year.

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a nice fish there. We went last week and only caught a few small panfish. I did however donate a nice pop-r to the lady of the lake just north of the water feature.

Best part of the morning was seeing a guy and his dog being rowed around in a canoe by his lady while he fished off the back. The swung by and were very nice but we had a laugh about how that convo went that morning:

Wife - hey honey, what do you want to do today?

Husband - well, i was thinkin you could row me and old roscoe around the lake while i fished and he napped. Whadya think?

Wife - oh honey you read my mind, ill make the sandwiches and bring little debbies for roscoe, you go get dressed

·
Registered
438 Posts
I live right near there and fish it all the time. The best fishing I've had is out of my kayak as there are several hard to reach places. If you go across the bridge and take the trail back behind the legion hall you can walk almost all the way around. Some good fishing back on the east end.

·
Catch and Release
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We hit the southeast shore this am and caught a few descent size bass. Was littered with trash and some crazy yelling and hazing crap was happening at the VFW but we still had a blast ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378003040.797834.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378003053.185268.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378003063.154175.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know that spot well. One of my favorite largemouth spots around. I know the litter too, unfortunately. We spend a good amount of time picking up old beer cans and live bait containers from the shore. It's sad when fellow fishermen abuse the spots that they frequent.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts