Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past couple of days i've been tearing up the largemouth at coe. alot of them are average sized but then i got a couple that werent bad at all. i caught a 3 lb. one and a nice 3 1/2 to 4 lb one. i'd have to say im impressed with coe right now considering all the people that go to coe and keep the fish they catch

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Nice post. What did you get the bass on?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i caught almost all of them on flukes with this attractant from kmart (the attractant is amazing) and soap im pretty positive it wasnt wallace :) i fished at wallace today with kingfisher88 and we both caught a bass and missed a couple hits. caught a crappie and bass at coe before that

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mischif,

Did you hear me yelling for you as you drove off? Damn you! I had a nice fish on and I wanted you to snap a picture. It might have been a little over four pounds. My best bass this year. It figures I would catch a nice fish right after my witness leaves. Me and Whjr15 are going to Wallace tomorrow. Your welcome to join us if you want. We will prolly be fishing the same area we did yesterday. If you dont see my car, we are at Coe killing them with the flukes and the "secret scent"(shad/minnow).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow i was looking at u on the way to see if u would wave your arms or anything but i didnt see anything. i would've loved to snap a picture of a nice bass like that. i wish i would've looked at this post earlier today me, my dad, and 2 friends went to coe today and i got a nice bass and 5 others all on flukes besides one was on a little minnow thing. i was really thinking about going to wallace to PM me how it went at wallace today. i think i might be fishing in that "spot" more often

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mischif,another buddy and myself hit Coe on boat last night. We saw Kingfisher and we saw him catch a couple fish. Mischif I believe had 6, I had 2 and our buddy got the ol :S . Biggest fish may have been around 13 in. Most fish started to bite after the sun had set. Had a nice day and was great to get out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was with whjr15. We noticed the fish started to hit better the later it got too. Joe started killing them with a gulp turtleback something. I was using my flukes like always. I think I might buy a pack or two of those gulps and learn how to use a worm. The one thing I can't seem to do. Coe seems to be a good lake to learn to use something. Alot of fish in there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
u know what king...my friend was just swearing by turtlebacks today he said there amazing....i like using worms but i dont have the patience to use them or the skill yet to notice when i have a strike.....i saw u guys doing pretty well over there but where we were across from u guys is amazing it cuts shallow and there is so many bass......

i went out today with my dad,be one,and my girlfriend and i got 6 and my girlfriend got 2 pretty nice....Whens the next time your going out??? make sure to tell me

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
I will say this again..
Are you sure you guys are not fishing wallace.
I heard there might be a state record lurking in there. :D

BTW, only the small ones there like flukes! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm going to go out today after i drop ny girlfriend off at work. Maybe I'll see you up there. Gotta stop somewhere and get some turtlebacks. Going to spend the day trying to learn them.

·
hardcore fisherman
298 Posts
I will be there on sat evening around five or six and sunday morning at sunrise. I use to fish this lake religiously. But a new job and second shift hours have hurt my fishing time!! Any way I'll be in an eight foot Jon boat (green). If ya see me say Hi!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts