close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Closing Old State Park

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mayfly, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Did you see that they are closing the Old State Park from January till November of '05 ? This could cause some serious launching problems next season. Anybody know any more details about this ? Thanks.

2. If that is true, I'll find out tomorrow at work. We may even do a news story on it. I'll post it if we do. Will run on TV23 at 6:30

3. There was an article in the Barberton Herald this week saying the park was closing for upgrades,new ramps,restrooms,etc. See what you can find out Carl.

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

My neighbor bid on the job. They are putting in new ramps, bulkheads, restrooms and several other upgrades. I didn't think they were going to have it down that long tho. I'll ask him when I see him.

Gene

5. That'll be great if they do fix those ramps and restrooms. I was thinking about that this past Saturday.

The crappie weren't around, the redears were. Not sure if I have another trip out there in me this season or not. May get the boat put away this week, but then again.... ;)

6. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

If and when they close the ramps where would one launch to access the same areas?

7. TxTransplant

Launch at New State Park ramps. My neighbor said he lost the bid but they WERE going to have the Old State Park ramps closed for almost a year to refurbish them.

Gene

8. I'm going to try and get out there to do a story on it here this week. We have a guy on vacation who the bosses aren't replacing, so time is a premium. It's important for people to know though.

9. Won't be today. LOTS of stuff going on.

-Denny Ross sentencing
    -500 lb pot bust in Barberton
    -Group of 40 ladies sewing quilts for injured soldiers
    -German craftsmen let down by Knight Center at trade fair.
    -Butch Davis leaves Browns(local reax)

There's lots more to do as well. Like stuffing 50lb of *!#% in a 10lb bag.

10. The problem I see, is almost every time I've tried to launch at the new park, it's so mobbed you don't have anywhere to park. With the added traffic it will be next to impossible to launch there, especially if there's a tournament! :(

11. TxTransplant

Good point Mayfly! Maybe Carl (Big Daddy) can find out if any of the marina's are going to let people launch or what the parks system plans to do.

Gene

12. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

With all the fishing I have done on those lakes I have never seen the new ramps from the water. This just proves no matter how well you know a water system you are fishing, there is always something new to discover!!!!!

13. Lets all just put our boats in the lake in the spring and tie them alltogether like they do at put in bay, of course I was thinking of using TXtrans place!!!

14. TxTransplant

Thats just about what it looks like out here on the 4th of July! I do have room at my dock for 1 if someone wants a parking spot.

Gene