Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to troll for some salmon in the next 3 weeks. It appears that Port Sanilac is about a 4 hour drive to Lake Huron. Being unfamiliar with this port I know nothing except for the location and a couple youtube videos I seen. Does anyone have any idea of a better location appx. 4-5 hours away from cleveland? Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Been a few years since I've been to Lake Ontario, but you should be able to find some launches a similar distance away, and the fish generally are bigger in Ontario!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't that be New York and I would have to quarentine for 2 weeks or some crap like that?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Port Sanilac you'll be hard pressed for salmon unless your after small pinks. The occasional Atlantic and king but one a trip is a success for those. Lakers can be had. If you are wanting salmon and Michigan is your destination drive further to Pentwater Ludington or Manistee.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We’re in Wilson/Olcott now. Hot bite is at the Oak. Might want to consider that. SLOW for us here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I grew up Launching in Port Sanilac, still fish it a couple times a year with family. Not much of a salmon fishery anymore other than a decent spring King and Atlantic bite. Still allot of fish to be caught, big lakers, Steel, walleye, pinks, coho but this time of year it slows significantly. I would be heading for NY.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My brother went 7/10 all Kings 20+ Saturday and Sunday last weekend out of Manistee, MI. I would think it should be good in close, they should be staging if the water temps are right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts