Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they started stocking bass in the lakes yet ?? Just got back from vacation. Live in Seven Hills

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
On Facebook, he posted a request for volunteers to help with electrofishing a private pond about a week ago. I believe the fish collected were going to be transferred into metroparks ponds, but I could be wrong... PM him

·
Registered
225 Posts
I thought that was for sampling the acacia reservation. I know they did transfer some into shadow lake not too long ago as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Erie Bytes Fishing Team
304 Posts
On Facebook, he posted a request for volunteers to help with electrofishing a private pond about a week ago. I believe the fish collected were going to be transferred into metroparks ponds, but I could be wrong... PM him
They did the electrofishing last Wednesday. Guitarman and Fishin Chick went along and posted pictures on Facebook.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah, I remember seeing the post and being disappointed that I couldn't help. I've always wanted to do that, but was going to be on a fishing trip in Ontario at that time.

He also just posted this a few hours ago:

"Great load of huge bluegill and nice bass caught today and released in our public fishing areas. Couldn't do it without my volunteers...from retirees, to anglers, to the fireman who helps on his days off. You guys/gals ROCK!"

So there must have been another one since then?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, over the past two weeks on four separate dates I have coordinated collection and stocking of 1,237 catchable size bass and sunfish, many of trophy size, in five different Metroparks public fishing areas. We do not announce the specific locations stocked so the fish can have a chance to acclimate to their new environment, but odds are good that a Metroparks lake or pond near you has some of these fish swimming in it. I plan to continue these activities throughout the fall season until ice-up. I always appreciate getting feedback and photos from anglers to let me know these efforts are working, so please feel free to contact me and/or send photos anytime to [email protected] As someone else noted, the Metroparks fishing report blog details our stocking activities weekly, as updated on Thursdays (the updated report should be up in about an hour).

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts