close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clicker ?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Will keeping the clicker engaged while reeling in a fish damage the clicker? I really like to hear my drag being pulled (I mean I REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THAT SOUND). An audible drag is one of the only things that I like better on spinning reels. However, I do not want to damage the clicker mechanism. Also, is there a way to increase the volume on the clicker (Calcutta 700 and Abu 7000)? Thanks!

2. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

But it would be annoying as hell to listen to that everytime someone around me hooked a fish. But your drag won't work anywhere near as smoothly as it should if it has to constantly go around the clicking mechanism. Under an extreme case, you could break one off.

3. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

that hinders the spool from turning affects the drag. be it a piece of sand lodged in the gears, your thumb, a clicker, whatever, it affects the drag.

4. i dont know about the 7000 nut on the old 6500 you can bend the clicker wire a little and make it louder

5. catfishhunter33 is absolutely right. If you have to worry about the line breaking, then the drag is set WAY too tight. Leaving it engaged will just shorten the life of the clicker itself. I agree, it would be prretty annoying.

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

catfishhunter, those things don't affect the spool turning. I didn't say anything about breaking a clicker, I said break ONE off. meaning a fish. I did say it would be an extreme case if the line broke. But you should know being an alleged catfisherman, that sometimes our quarry requires extreme tactics.

I guess according to your sarcastic logic, I could drive a 6 inch screw throught the side of the reel, throught the spool, throught the other side of the reel, and as long as I didn't go into the drag washers, then the drag would function perfectly. Nevermind the freakin spool wouldn't turn.