Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday evening, went north out of Edgewater to about 68 fow, with Larry and Dan ("Wrong-Way", now I know why, LOL). Did not find any big fish but we got real busy once we found them, had doubles, triples, even four on at the same time! Best program was 40 jets with 2oz in front of it, 100' & 75' back, using Renosky Mirror Image and Joe Pirates spoons. Renosky deep divers with 2 oz weight in front of the leader, 100' back, Wonderbread was real hot. Big dipsy, 3 setting, 60' back, using Mirror Image spoons. The Joe Pirate spoon was # 55 (3") Firetiger. The Mirror Image spoons were # 55 (3") & # 66 (4") Copper back: Watermelon, Monkeypuke, Blue-Orange. Silver Back: Black, Rainbow trout, Chartreuse and Purple.

Tight Lines!

Fish-Crazy: Virgil

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
What a blast! Great evening on the Lake which ended up being quite rough by the time we were done. As you can see by the photo I was on the wet side coming in. If you ever get the chance to fish with Virgil you've got to grab it. We laughed all night long that is when someone wasn't yelling "Fish On"!
Oh those Reynosky's are the real deal. Spoons and cranks were all working. That's all we ran.

Thanks for a great evening fishing Virgil.
Larry

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you were sweating there Dixie! I think Virg made you work!

See you in the morning!
Everything was fine for Lary untill Dan moved off the chair. Riding in 10 miles in 4' to 6' waves, at night was a bit rough, but any water that made it over the port side was stopped by Dixi, what a sport!

Will be out 5:00 am Saturday morning.

Tight Lines!

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Best program was 40 jets with 2oz in front of it, 100' & 75' back, using Renosky Mirror Image and Joe Pirates spoons. Renosky deep divers with 2 oz weight in front of the leader, 100' back, Wonderbread was real hot.
Virgil...sounds like a crazy & wet night...WTG...question though...do you have a best guess on the depth your set up probed with a 2oz weight in front of a jet 40 @ 100 back and the same question for the Renosky's?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2 0z att about 5' to 8' to the depth, when running cranks, depending on how much line you leaveout, the more line the mor depth per 1 oz. Here's the depth chart I have for the 5" deep diver Renoskys:

Ft. Out /Depth 5" DD /With 2 oz @ 6' Leader

50' 7' 17'
75' 10' 23'
100' 13' 25'
125' 14' 29'
150' 15' 33'
175' 16' 37'
200' 18' 41'

For the jets, it might be shallower because they have a stronger pull. Jets are a pain to bring in when there's no fish or small fish on, they dig so hard. I'm going to run a spoon program using only keel weifgts in front of the leader, see how that works.

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saturday June 30, 2007. Got our 18 walleyes in 40 to 45 fow in front of Edgewater form 6:00 am to 8:00 am. Then went looking for steelhead. Trolled north pass the Crib to 65 fow, then went west and back south. Hooked 5 steelheads in 65 fow and landed 2, caught and released another 25 walleyes. Renosky deep divers with 2 oz weight in front of the leader, 100' back, Joe Pirates Wonderbread & Black/Silver, Mirror Image Pink & Perch. 40 jets with 2oz in front of it, 100' & 75' back, using Renosky Mirror Image and Joe Pirates spoons. Big Dipseys with Renosky Spoons # 3 setting 60' to 125' back, and # 1 setting 35' to 60' back.

Tight Lines!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts