Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if anybody is catching any walleyes out of cleveland? Was hopeing to go up this saturday. I know last year me and my buddies did real good up there just cant remeber what week it was.:T

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
If you read the posts from the last two weeks there has been much talk about Cleveland area walleyeing from Rocky River to Bratahal. Nite bite has been good, some guys laying eggs during the day, some guys slow, some tearing up :B depends on the day, water clarity, what there using, sorry to broad stroke but yeah Cleveland's got walleye going right now both day and night, they seem to be active in different spots almost on a daily basis, gotta go out and look for them. I know I will be out tonight.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hi i was wondering if anyone knew if anybody is catching any walleyes out of cleveland? Was hopeing to go up this saturday. I know last year me and my buddies did real good up there just cant remeber what week it was.:T

I havent been out during the mornings or early afternoon, but... the late evenings and nights have been outstanding. The fish we have picked up have been in small groups, like Kgone said. We will pull boards for a short while with nothing, then bam!!! Several doubles, or several hook ups/pull backs within a short area. Marking alot of fish within 5 feet of the boat. Fish are being caught from very near shore at night out to 40 fow during the evenings. Be ready to run shallow divers off boards at night, it is a blast. Some :B too. Sounds like Kgone slammed them. We got 9 last night, we were west of Cleveland and it was a little spotty for us.
Good fishin.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
Yeah we did slam them pretty good, I stayed east of everyone and had an area all to myself for the most part. I had them going from the time I dropped my first line about 7:45, they were going on deep divers first then switched to a shallow program as I saw the marks rising, I run an electric so I mark high fish right under the boat, it gives me a good indication on when to switch to the shallow lips, Renosky's and HJ's, Clown was the best color, followed by gold/black hj-12, clown F18 floater, Clown HJ'12, Pro Tim Horton Blue/orange belly Bomber, Perch Shallow Renosky, Eriedecent rip stick, blue glass HJ 14, everything was catching fish, once they turned on after dark we were cranking them in as fast as we could. throwing 2 or 3 back at a time. 1.7 was a good speed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Went out Tuesday AM, got two around about 9AM in front of the Brown's Stadium north of the wall in about 35 to 38 feet, trolling reef runners and husky jerks. 4# and 8# (larger one released, personal preference). Maybe it's going to start up in Cleveland soon during the day, but this cooler weather probably won't help the day bite. Hope this helps. Darth Wader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts