Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Did the Steelhead move from the NE of Cleveland.Plan on going out Tomorrow.Did anyone do anygood yesterday or today.If you have any info send a pm.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,509 Posts
Fbfishingcoach or something like that went out sunday and didn't do quat gone like a fart in the wind.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am not positive but I think the charter went out on Sunday. It was posted that they had 5 people and did not post that they caught any walleye or steel. I am not positive cause this boat normally hammers them, But I checked yesterday and that is what was posted.

·
716 Posts
fished dead N out of edgewater yesterday, did only a few trout & a few eyes, thinking of moving W & going out of Avon tday. Closer for me too! What does everyone think?

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
Fished Erieau Tuesday.went 3 for 6 on Bows.200 Degs from Harbor,8-10 miles out.Rough most of day ,calmed down in evening.4 hits on Pk 70.1 hit on stinger silver watermelon,other hit on a ProKing ?rRiggers at 42 ft best.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. Please keep posting.

Steelheaders (on the lake) are few and far between. They have their own terminology and circle of people.

Reading your threads is always fun...... because I know how hooked steelhead behave. Please keep sharing your trips.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the report Marc. Glad to hear you got into a few, better than I did on Sunday off Cleveland. I'm sure you wish you had done better, but you went after them where you went and I think you did better there than had you went where I was. Popeye still hasn't posted since Sunday, so I don't think they did any better either. Lake steelheading will be winding down soon. Gosh I love the lake steelheading, pretty close to my favorite and I only got out twice.

Mike

·
716 Posts
Went N out of Lorain Tuesday, but when I got near the line it was blowing pretty good from the SW. Decided to troll SW instead of NE, so I did not have to fight the waves on the way in. After a couple of hours the wind layed & it would not have been a big deal. No bullets, but pulled 9 eyes & 3 yellow perch. All nice fish. Only 2 sheep, about 30 WB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My husband and I were out on that charter 08/23. I bought a beautiful smoker and was looking for some steel (only walleye and perch in the freezer) and with our 18' we don't head too far out so we decided to splurge last minute. It was a dead day ... we headed out to the Canadian boarder and couldn't find the bait ball... the two of us headed home with two okay walleye and one just barely legal .. here's a pic of one of our $72 fish. It was a disappointing day ... but with a charter there is never a guarantee. My smoker will have to wait until a hopeful next season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
fishergirl
In another month (maybe less) take the 18'er to a river mouth and troll some little cloes and stick baits and you will have steel to smoke in no time at all.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts