close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleveland sport, travel & outdoor show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dave hiwatt, Mar 12, 2005.

1. dave hiwatt

dave hiwatt Fish fear me..... RIGHT

Anybody going to the Cleveland sport, travel & outdoor show today? My daughter Ruthie and I are going along with a few other friends. should be a good time. :)

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'll be working the casting kids booth at 4:00. The show itself has been disappointing that last few years. I hope it's better this year.

3. Sure has been dissapointing... Use to be the biggest or billed as the biggest in N.America... thoughs were the days...
    If you find any deals post them here and I may go but otherwise I will not...

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i used to go all the time too....every spring, but the desire just isnt there anymore.

i used to fill up a bag every time... :)

its a lot of fun i guess ive just seen the same stuff year after year.

let us know if berkley is giving any good specials on line or tackle.

5. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

I'll be there in a few hours. I agree the show isn't what it used to be but it sure beats sitting here wondering whether to shovel the drive. I'm wearing a blue flannel shirt and a blue Cabela's hat. Say hello if someone sees me.

6. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Was it $9.95 to get in last year? I thought $7.00 in the previous years was overpriced, but it is a good way to get get rid of a little bit of the cabin fever.

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i'm heading up tomorrow around 11 or 12

8. At the show all day today and made it around quite a bit. Personally I was very pleased with everything. Vendors seemed to have improved dramatically and wasn't elbow to elbow. I get a few cans of skoal outa the deal anyway and near break even.

I look forward to the annual purchase of "Fishn' Sticks" with the round wrap guides. SUPER rods!

Anyone see that slick used Stratos for sale by the trout pond :D It's going to a new home tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Stop in at the Stratos boats and introduce yourself- just ask for "Nip" ;)

Nip
    www.dobass.com

9. I just got back from it. It was my first time going there , a lot of fun. There are some good deals. 3 shad raps for $10 , $1.99 risto raps , $2.99 fat raps.

10. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Nip was you with vics boats In a red stratos hat?

11. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Reel Lady and I were there today after Bass University. Nip we saw you but you slipped out before we got a chance to say hi.

12. Flip- I'm color blind but I was told it is a red hat! Shoulda said HI!

Reelman- I was going to come over but was running late for my family, you were to busy with the "boss". :rolleyes:

I'm sure you and fam will be back this week a few times !!! The Ranger here yet? I think my Stratos is in but they wont tell me cause they know I'll leave town! :eek:

See all tomorrow- sleep time- without the burden of two boats in the garage or in the brain !!!! AMEN!

Nip

13. dave hiwatt

dave hiwatt Fish fear me..... RIGHT

The sport show certainly isn’t what it used to be. I really didn’t see any spectacular deals. It was fun for us all to spend some time together, so that made it a really good time. :)
    Dave

14. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

The casting kids booth did't even get half the kids we did last year. I saw a ton of people I knew though. I think I saw Nip. Half the guys in my club work for Vic. I think you were talking to my wifes cousin Craig in front of the casting kids booth. Saw Reel Man and Lady also. That 206 Yellow Champion was calling my name, but I don't think my wife would appreciate me trading in our house for that boat, lol. A new Stratos may be in the works in a few years though.

15. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Every year the show gets a little smaller. Not nearly the number of outfitters and lodges there used to be. That being said, I might have found my fly-in trip and there were some very nice boats this year. :) Sure beats shoveling the drive.

16. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I`m heading up next satuday to shoot the IBO indoor worlds. Probably going to head up a couple of hours early to check out the vendors and relax before the shoot!:)

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

it was alright, but I haven't found a show thats been amazing, picked up a few things and killed some time, i wish i was on the ice instead

18. Is anyone going to be there Sunday (final day)? I'm taking the girls up in the morning.