Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sparkeye
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone on here shore fish in cleveland. i know the eyes come in this time of year just curious if anyone trys to catch them from shore. also perch can they be caught from shore this time of year

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes. Cleveland walleye night bite from shore should pick up in the next two to three weeks if the weather cools the lake down a bit. I know people catch them first three hours of darkness at Edgewater and e 72nd. And same places for perch. We use crappie rigs with 1 or 2oz pyramid weights and shiners. Should do the trick. Probably won't get as many as the boaters, but they're there and they're hungry... knock em dead!

·
Johnny tsunami
3,119 Posts
All you have to do is cast your butt off on along the rock walls and points with hjs or something along that line of lure i personally haven't done it to much but know people who do because they don't have a boat and do pretty well. Even if you only have a little boat its very feasible to go troll when the lake is settled i seen guys in front of 72nd power plant riding that wall in what looked to be a 12' boat and they where just fine i would do it if i had to luckily for me my buddy has a bigger boat but if the shore is all you can manage it is worth it you can pull some monsters

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nomercy, I have personally hauled in some very nice walleye from the very end of the bulkheads past the lighthouse at Fairport harbor. Hj14s in blue/silver and clown. Make sure you park in the very last lot though, otherwise your car will get towed when the beach closes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts