Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi, I have a nephew in town from Texas that wants to Give the rocks a try tonight for some walleye. I haven’t fished rocks around Cleveland, just hoping someone could offer some advice as to safely park and fish around Cleveland area, Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no fish for me last night,5 fish come out.
300 cast not even bump,tonight fisherman is on strike not going.
they did not wonet to eat plastick they can go hungry..

i pay atention to waves,i was waching one rock for one hour ,non of the big wave went over,i dicided i claim on top.i only step on top and next wave went up to my knees,i got of that rock with out one cast.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey happy snag ,I kwas trollin about 300 yards offshore off the rocks at Edgewater a couple nights ago and I kept hearing and seeing small splashes around my boat and one time I could have sworn it was an HJ-14 but by the time I got a good look at it , it Dove down were you out that night by chance?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey happy snag ,I kwas trollin about 300 yards offshore off the rocks at Edgewater a couple nights ago and I kept hearing and seeing small splashes around my boat and one time I could have sworn it was an HJ-14 but by the time I got a good look at it , it Dove down were you out that night by chance?
yea i was there,i was thinking that was you.i was thinking to send you mesage if you were out,you came out late.
last night 300 casts,not even bump.i did not see one fish come out,i cover 2 spots.
i was casting so far you coud not see the lure land,it was fog and drisel.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HappySnag- Nice job!. I enjoy your posts. Do you really count your casts? Slow retrieve?
it come to around 50 cast an hour..
it depend on wind how long is cast 90' is 30 time turn crank on the reel.it help when you fish in dark.you know when the lure will hit rock.if i do not tolk i count every cast my turns.
if my longest cast is 90',i cast and count the turns on reel.if i count 10 and have hit,i know the fish are 60' out,somtime it is single fish and some time it is school off fish,you have multiple hits..
if i do not count and i hit fish i start counting turns it tels me how far are fish.
when i cast i remember where i cast and hit fish,from 9 a clock to 3 a clock.
if you look in navionic map and locate structure,when i count i know when i am coming on structure with lure,and if i have hit i know if thet hit was before,on top or after structure.
when you look you can see only water,but when you count you can see in your brain 3D map.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,300 Posts
i pay atention to waves,i was waching one rock for one hour ,non of the big wave went over,i dicided i claim on top.i only step on top and next wave went up to my knees,i got of that rock with out one cast.

laugh ain't that the way it always is :p the best laid plans of mice and fishermen are often compromised :D glad you didn't go swimming ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts