Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything going on with perch off edgewater or 72nd? Saw someone ask a few days ago without a reply. They should be starting, but with the eyes biting is anyone fishing for them. Would like to get some this weekend. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
144 Posts
According to Shine's there are no Perch in Cleveland

·
Registered
429 Posts
Was down on 72nd last night giving one last stab at the walleye. We caught one walleye but there was a fellow next to us fishing the bottom with a crappie rig with shiners. He caught about 15 perch from 4:30 to 8:30. Saw another fellow pull some up too. No real size to them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How is the Walleye bite, Shine's said it was good, but it looks like a night bite. We were going to go up saturday morning but only if they are biting early. Any preferred method of getting would be useful too. We would rather not troll but we will if thats whats working

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,465 Posts
I marked the crap out of them in 41 feet of goldcoast the other day, tons of marks all over the bottom, not the fly's hatching either those show up differently on the screen, these where small hooks layererd on top of each other.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
same marks last night.. 44 to 49 FOW in front of the crib...

and in front of the gold coast in 42 Fow same good perch marks..

hope this helps...

Frank

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
What's the best or closest ramp to get to the crib area? Probably Edgewater?
I'm going to be doing some Perchin on saturday.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we will wait for the perch to turn on better. Going out in the morning for the first trip of the year. Launching out of 72nd & will troll for walleye. Anyone else going out? I'll be on ch. 68. Hope there is a some breeze blowing . Good fishing . bluefinn

·
Charter Captain
1,211 Posts
im trying to go out depends on if i can pick the locks on the cuffs.i was out last night and got 10 west of the crib i took my dad out and he loved it

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Listening to the squawk on Ch 68 they did well in front of the light house by the Cuyahoga in 27 feet which means they were up on the rocks.Heard the Linda Mae ask a boat if they could move in on them.Not very Kool IMO.

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
I'd of let her no prob. Goodness knows she's saved more than one bad trip for me in the last few years! Hard to miss that big yeller bote on the lake! Ive used her as a beacon many times! Nice of them to ask first IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts