Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rather Be FISHING!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capt. Elliot from the Holiday just phoned in a great report.... 48 f.o.w. west of the crib. Steady up and down with a lot of doubles and many triples. Also, a call back from 42-43 f.o.w. north of the stadium. Steady up and down bite there this morning.

Hope this helps with your perch bite.

Fish-on!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think he pulled in next to us. Had a similar experience. Unfortunately, ran out of bait before our limit but we were pretty close. Tried cutting the minnows in 3rds and were still getting hits.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Fished in 46 FOW a bit Northeast of E72nd today. We were there from 11:30 until 2:30pm. Steady action the whole time. Kept 53 Perch between the two of us. We ran out of minnows. No real Jumbos, but a bunch of 10" fish. Had to sort through some small fish in the beginning, but they got bigger as the day went on.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Same story out of Wildwood. 47 fow. 90 in no time. perch were stacked from the bottom 10 feet up. Difficult to get bait to bottom without it getting hit. Nothing huge but decent 9 - 10's

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm assuming the closet we get to December the bigger they'll be? Going out of Rocky River tomorrow morning around 9. We'll see what she brings

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stekus, had about 10 jumbos and the rest 8 inches or bigger. We threw a lot of small ones back (probably why we ran out of bait).....

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'm assuming the closet we get to December the bigger they'll be? Going out of Rocky River tomorrow morning around 9. We'll see what she brings
Correct on the siize. Still decent size for August. We filleted 90 yesterday and had 10lb - 2 oz of perch fillets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does the Holiday always pick up at Edgewater Park or does he have other pick up locations? I seen him yesterday around two o'clock but didn't see him today.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Two of us limited 2miles east of Lorain 40ft of water a few 13 inch mostly 10in. Tried for walleye for three hrs nothing went between Lorain and Avon got a steelhead about 30 in must have weight 10lbs lots of fun reeling in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts