Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out Perchin this afternoon with SteelheadBob for a few hours. Fished everywhere from 35-55fow. We were REAL selective with what we kept! We were also REAL careful with our count, as we didn't want to go over our limit. When we got in we realized we only had 9 in the box, we stopped 51 short just to be safe! I took a pic to share, it's below. We were also stopped by the Division of Wildlife, he measured ALL of our fish and gave us the survey. He was so impressed with our fish catching abilities today that he awarded us each with a super stylish ODNR bracelets (also pictured), get in line boys, they don't just give these bad boys out to any average fisherman!!:D

Attachments

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
OMG! Your report also needs a gold star ParmaBass!!!! That would make it complete.

LOVE the rock photo - that makes it all worth while huh??? Marty and I also said we want a do-over for this weekend -- we want a few more days like today to go out and play on the lake and try to catch some fish.

Get Marty's cell number from SHB and call us right away so you can share the coordinates on that honey hole of yours!!!

Still beats a day at the office ... yes?

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately beat a day at the office! It was hard out there, no good talk on the radio. Heard a few guys going for Eyes in 78fow, holy sh$% that's far!! Perch actually started to turn on a little about an hour before sunset right off the 72nd lighthouse of all places! It was up and down for about 45 seconds, that's where we lost count and ended up stopping 51 short!!!!

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
c parma, even your count was off, it was twelve fish!!!!!! Well your finger was blowing up the counter, it was a b*tch trying to keep count and pull'em in and feed the gull all at the same time, and beating the sheep off("that's for you p.e.t.a.") But the fish really kickid in overdrive when the music came on!!!!!And with these new odnr braclets we got cause of our HUGE catch, we are going to have the fish gods with us always..... But our buddy was going to eat better then us with all the gobies we gave him.. Had a great time. Sorry you got the RICK RAINSUIT BLUE color braclet. LOLOL
We tried calling you jennis9 to c if you were out tonight, tried calling martys phone to to come and visit and have a boat party, but couldnt get ahold of you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I went out early today on a boat and went water skiing and tubing and it got me in the mood to fish, so around 7pm I got one of my friends and we went out on a 12ft canoe and oared our way out to 35-40fow in Eastlake and caught a dozen or 2 perch with a couple 12"ers! We didnt even expect to catch anything but wanted to go out! Mostly smaller fish, but always fun to catch, and needless to say, I attracted the sheephead lol.

On a side note, we were very careful and wore life jackets and the lake was flat and not many boats in close where we were.

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
we would have joined in the party -- got out today early went out east to 42 and 44 straight out from the hospital (had a wake this evening) and we caught one ticket -- but it was sloooow! and a fish ohio for the nine year old we had aboard -- he was excited.

got the stinky skunk on saturday...

looking forward to trying it again this week. try calling again this week... hopefully we'll have some nice weather!

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
I went out early today on a boat and went water skiing and tubing and it got me in the mood to fish, so around 7pm I got one of my friends and we went out on a 12ft canoe and oared our way out to 35-40fow in Eastlake and caught a dozen or 2 perch with a couple 12"ers! We didnt even expect to catch anything but wanted to go out! Mostly smaller fish, but always fun to catch, and needless to say, I attracted the sheephead lol.

On a side note, we were very careful and wore life jackets and the lake was flat and not many boats in close where we were.
DUDE:Banane30:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Bragging again you are...LOL cleaning time is quick with that catch...:D
Ditch the bracelet its a tracking devise the ODNR has a sting...LOL

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Looks like last weeks weather has the perch and walleye scattered and not aggressive as they were. Hopefully a few days of stable weather will be good.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
c parma, even your count was off, it was twelve fish!!!!!! Well your finger was blowing up the counter, it was a b*tch trying to keep count and pull'em in and feed the gull all at the same time, and beating the sheep off("that's for you p.e.t.a.") But the fish really kickid in overdrive when the music came on!!!!!And with these new odnr braclets we got cause of our HUGE catch, we are going to have the fish gods with us always..... But our buddy was going to eat better then us with all the gobies we gave him.. Had a great time. Sorry you got the RICK RAINSUIT BLUE color braclet. LOLOL
We tried calling you jennis9 to c if you were out tonight, tried calling martys phone to to come and visit and have a boat party, but couldnt get ahold of you.
Bob. Only "REAL" men can wear that color blue and pull it off! ;):D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts