Cleveland Metroparks fishing report

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Cleveland Metroparks, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Yes, along with spring the local fishing options are abundant! A summary of current fishing opportunites in Cleveland Metroparks can be found at the following link:

blogs.clemetparks.com/rocky-river-fishing-report/

This report is updated weekly from Sept-May and weekly in June-Jul-Aug.

Good fishing,
    Mike

2. Thanks Mike.

You know, if you want, I can also get it posted on WKYC Outdoors, TV 3's outdoor site.

That's my baby too!

3. I am glad I have this link now. There is alot of good info i just need to remember where the 2 lakes that were mentioned on there are. Plus I got a new fly rod I want to learn to fish with.

4. JDBFISHIN

JDBFISHIN Back in the game

You can also go to clevlandmetroparks.com to obtain the report. Joeseyedup, it me Don, what up.

5. A good training area is the east branch of the rocky between west 130th street/rte 82 and Berea (old baldwin lake). Nice rainbows that are willing biters for bugs and minnow imitators. Less crowds than steelheading if you walk from the roadside spots. Fish are well distributed since they are stocked throughout the stretch of river a couple times a week or so thru the end of April. Only downside (for the meathunters) is that there is a possession limit of two trout thru the steelhead season (middle of May). Nothing wrong with keeping your two, since they taste much better than the steelies caught downstream. There are a couple of holes where I like to stand at the bottom of the hole (tailout) and make long casts toward the head to improve my casting and line control. A bit harder to do downstream during trout season due to the crowds.

6. Hey Don do you have a fly rod? I don't remember if i asked you that last week. I know you said you fish for Steel head. Thanks Steel Cranium for the info. I will take all the inland fishing info I can get. I can't go on Erie this weekend with brother but I would like to get a line wet.

7. JDBFISHIN

JDBFISHIN Back in the game

Joe, no I don't. I use a spining outfit, 9 foot 6 inch rod and a clear bobber with a red top and spawn sack's i cure myself. I also use threaded minows. Since i can't find them here I buy #12 or #10 treb hooks and cut one of the off with wire cttuers attach a leader to the hook with a loop at one end. Then i take an upolstery needle and thread the leader through the minow, but throuth the mouth and attach the leader to my main line add a split shot or 2, no bobber. This method works well for smallies as well. You can use this on crayfish as well, just need a little bigger hook.