Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went online and ordered my launch pass and rec'd e-mail confirmation for my $35 payment but have not received the placard to hang in my truck. Luckily I did print the receipt and put on dashboard when I fished Edgewater 2 weeks ago. Good thing as the officer was checking that day! I have called 3 times and left messages but no return calls. Anyone else having issues. Not very happy with them as they have a piss poor communication system. Guess I will just use my printed receipt for now but would like to get the plastic placard to hang off my mirror. Any advice?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Keep on doing what you’re doing, I’d guess. Bought mine a few days ago at the marina beside the Rocky River ramp. Figured if I did it any other way I might not receive it in time. Next time you’re up, stop at one of the offices - you might get to chat with a real people , then.😉

·
Registered
132 Posts
Went online and ordered my launch pass and rec'd e-mail confirmation for my $35 payment but have not received the placard to hang in my truck. Luckily I did print the receipt and put on dashboard when I fished Edgewater 2 weeks ago. Good thing as the officer was checking that day! I have called 3 times and left messages but no return calls. Anyone else having issues. Not very happy with them as they have a piss poor communication system. Guess I will just use my printed receipt for now but would like to get the plastic placard to hang off my mirror. Any advice?
No doubt a covid problem!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Last year I purchased on-line and never received it - just used the receipt as they suggested. I was ready for the same thing this year, but my tag showed up in just about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and made a couple extra copies. Thinking the sun will end up destroying the copy making it not able to read while on the dash of my truck. Maybe it will eventually show up. I purchased it on 5-17-21.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a $30 ticket on my windshield a few weeks ago. Disputing it because there was no sign displayed yet. Since then a huge sign, cannot be missed.
Got my season pass at the marina where the window was recently opened up about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I want to know when are they going to fix up the docks at Edgewater? The rubber bumpers are coming off of way to many of them. Why are we paying to launch at these facilities and all they're going to do is let them go to crap? They were in better shape when it was free to launch their. Makes no sense at all. I saw 2 guys in vans just sitting at the edgewater ramp today that looked like they were suppose to be working on something. But they must have been on an extended break. lol

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,453 Posts
I went from cistern to city water 7yrs ago still waiting on permit from state to keep/use cistern, early Covid ???

·
STX 206 Viper
1,868 Posts
Just a reminder. When you get your pass don’t forget to display it. I forgot to put mine out last weekend and got a $30 ticket. I’m disputing it and don’t think I’ll have to pay, but still a pain in the ass to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checked mail on Saturday, still no pass! Wondering if lost by postal service? Maybe it will come this week?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Just a reminder. When you get your pass don’t forget to display it. I forgot to put mine out last weekend and got a $30 ticket. I’m disputing it and don’t think I’ll have to pay, but still a pain in the ass to get it fixed.
I had a park ranger write me a ticket last yr when I had mine displayed on my rearview in plain sight . I called the dispatch when I saw the ticket and they sent the guy back out . He took the ticket but he was a ******* and kept insinuating that I didn't have it out .
Made me angry he would not at least say that maybe he made a mistake .

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
LOL that is my problem. I have it then I am out on the lake and I think to myself that I forgot to put it on the mirror. DUUUHHH. Have done that twice now in the last 2 weeks. Fortunately for me no ticket on the windshield when I get back.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Checked mail on Saturday, still no pass! Wondering if lost by postal service? Maybe it will come this week?
Just keep putting your receipt on your dash is pretty much all you can do. Chances of you actually getting it now are probably slim. Most likely the mail has lost it. Happens to me way to often when I send a bill in to be paid. Amazing how they can continue to lose mail. They will probably find it in a belt somewhere in November and then you will get it. lol

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Just keep putting your receipt on your dash is pretty much all you can do. Chances of you actually getting it now are probably slim. Most likely the mail has lost it. Happens to me way to often when I send a bill in to be paid. Amazing how they can continue to lose mail. They will probably find it in a belt somewhere in November and then you will get it. lol
Certainly you jest! The USPS never l

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Maybe take receipt to marina and get the hard pass ??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts