Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched early out of Edgewater headed to gold coast to set up where we were catching at end of day yesterday. Drifting 5/8 oz weight forwards(anything with green or chartreuse caught all fish) got one good one real quick and then nothing but smalls after that, worked shallows and then out out to 45 picked three more . That bite shut off but the wind picked up a little so we went skinny again and it was on filled our two tickets in about 2 hours in there. Just a side note we had 15 yellow perch 10" or better in the box by the time we had our first two keeper walleye in the boat ( 3 were over 13") all came drifting between 40 and 45 feet of water out in front of the two big houses just west of Edgewater beach. Fish that we found active were within 2' of bottom. Did anyone else fish out of Edgewater have a hard time? We just couldn't keep em going today and made for some tough fishing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
We had 3 1/2 Hours to fish this am. We went in front of Gold Coast to cast first. Nothing but shorts and farm fish. Trolled. some cranks back towards rocky for awhile and bareley marked anything. When we got to 38 ft just east of rocky screen lit up but all near bottom. Switched to 50 tru trips 50 back with stinger spoons and boxed 5 nice fish in 40 minutes. Then it was time to go.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Eyelander you marking many fish in that 20ft and under? I’ve never seen that area so void of marks like it is for this time of year? I’m thinking maybe all these on shore breezes got that warm water stacked in there. Usually this time a year you can run a crank in that skinny water and slay them. Need a wind event to mix it up

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eyelander you marking many fish in that 20ft and under? I’ve never seen that area so void of marks like it is for this time of year? I’m thinking maybe all these on shore breezes got that warm water stacked in there. Usually this time a year you can run a crank in that skinny water and slay them. Need a wind event to mix it up
Slash, been fishing blind and working all different depths of the water column. Wednesday the boats around me were catching plenty of fish pulling cranks, they were moving at a good clip 2.3 or faster. They seem to want the lure slower than 1.5 for me though closer to 1.0. Heading down there now and should be on the water by 6 I will post how I do this evening.

·
478 Posts
The fish did seem to have lock jaw in the morning. started in front of RR and picked a 23" right out of the box then nothing for 1 1/2 hours not counting shorts. ran the 45 fow line all the way to the gold coast and then came back picked 2 off, then right north of the dump I found a active pod of 21"er's and finished off in 30 min with a double for the last fish. Jr. thunder sticks ruled the day 1.8mph. good marks the whole way in 45 fow

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the skinny only produced 4 this morning so went further west and north of the solstice stairs by two miles. Slammed 5 quick fish including a 30" on the first drift went back in to set up and we couldn't get them to go again. Wind changed directions three different times within that next hour. All fish caught on florescent orange and white 3/8 oz top dog, active fish were suspended about 20 ' down. Was giving it a 15 count and medium retrieve and slow sweep. Didnt limit out but knew the rain was coming so motored back to edgewater ramp put boat on trailer,gave a fellow boater at the dock 10 dozen crawlers then got into the van and bam rain started. It's been fun but got to head back to Arizona for work,I'll have to wait another month to get another crack at em.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Me and my buddy went out of edgewater yesterday, on the wayer at 5:00 am. Very few in the parking lot, started in 25ft of water nothing but a few shorts and sheepshead. Went out to 50 ft. Scattered marks started our drift and a good one at that, picked up 4 real quick 22 ton24 inch, then the rod almost was ripped out of my hand, biggest catfish I ever tangled with are these channelcats?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts