Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Cleveland Friday and then Saturday for the Big water walleye tournament. Let me just say the waves both days were huge. Northwest Friday and west Saturday. Friday we fished out at 62’ got 1 and then moved out to 68 by the weather bouy where we have been doing ok. We ended up with 6 fish all about 5 pounds. Dipsy with stinger spoons did best with 3 setting 150 and 1 setting 125. Riggers were quiet Friday. Yesterday we only caught 5 which was good enough to get 10th place. Dipsies again 150 and 125 and riggers down 65 caught a few. We did catch a bunch of shorter fish and one 7 pounder but couldn’t find the 5 pounders. Speed was all over from 1.8 to 2.7 depending on the waves. All the fish were spitting up huge shad. Yesterday was some huge waves offshore and finally started to calm down around 2. Just about sick of the big winds everyday. Good luck if u get out!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fished out of Cleveland Friday and then Saturday for the Big water walleye tournament. Let me just say the waves both days were huge. Northwest Friday and west Saturday. Friday we fished out at 62’ got 1 and then moved out to 68 by the weather bouy where we have been doing ok. We ended up with 6 fish all about 5 pounds. Dipsy with stinger spoons did best with 3 setting 150 and 1 setting 125. Riggers were quiet Friday. Yesterday we only caught 5 which was good enough to get 10th place. Dipsies again 150 and 125 and riggers down 65 caught a few. We did catch a bunch of shorter fish and one 7 pounder but couldn’t find the 5 pounders. Speed was all over from 1.8 to 2.7 depending on the waves. All the fish were spitting up huge shad. Yesterday was some huge waves offshore and finally started to calm down around 2. Just about sick of the big winds everyday. Good luck if u get out!
Thanks for the report. And I’m with you…totally over the wind!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like we were not far from you. Very interesting hearing others programs that were fishing similar depths. We fished Saturday out in 66-70 fow. We ended up catching 11eyes and 1 steelhead. Fish came on bandits and husky jerks 50-100 back. We couldn’t get the deeper fish to go. We just couldn’t get our kicker fish but had 5 for just over 21lbs. Our speed was surging from 1.4 to 2.6.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like we were not far from you. Very interesting hearing others programs that were fishing similar depths. We fished Saturday out in 66-70 fow. We ended up catching 11eyes and 1 steelhead. Fish came on bandits and husky jerks 50-100 back. We couldn’t get the deeper fish to go. We just couldn’t get our kicker fish but had 5 for just over 21lbs. Our speed was surging from 1.4 to 2.6.
That’s crazy. We couldn’t buy a shallow bite! Lol. Everything was deep for us.

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
637 Posts
What was the winning bag weight for the tourney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for the excellent report, if the waves ever let me back on the lake I’ll try to return the favor!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What size boats were you all in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts