Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from the lighthouse to the crib yesterday. Jet 20's 85 back off boards and big dipsys, 3 setting 100' back. Small stingers on all. All colors worked. 15 nice eyes with the biggest at 7 1/4 lbs. It's nice bangin em so close to shore. Lots of traffic for a weekday, I guess the word is out.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Dday and I got out from 7 PM-Midnight, We were having trouble with the outboard so couldn't run far. Ended up trolling up the West coast out of Edgewater. Finally tried my own hand at jets. Ran 20's 100 feet back and 50feet back, caught one on rainbow trout. Others were garbage fish. Swithched to cranks and caught 8 on black chrome and bare naked. Had some line troubles last night. Broke off fresh new minnow rap between the board and lure, a couple other times snapped in the boat. Hmmm! Lost 3 at the boat, as well, including a real nice fish that didn't fit in the net. Time for a bigger, deeper net. Oh well. All cranks caught in 18-20 FOW 35-50 feet back - Ripsticks.

Good fishing.

Bobby

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also had troubles in the past with line breaking but thanks to the good advice in the gear section of this site I switched to PowerPro 30 lb. test and run that to Dipsy's as well as Jets. Then I run a flourocarbon (Seaguar 12 lb.) leader from the Jets or Dipsy's to the lure. Great stuff and problem solved. Good luck with your motor, hope you get it running right so you can cash in on the hot action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts