Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my Dad today on an early father's day trip because I have to work this weekend. Couldn't ask for a better day. Dad hasn't been feeling well and this was just what he needed. The fish that we had been targeting between the lighthouse and the crib were gone. Didn't mark any until 48' just south of the crib, Started there and trolled the west side of the crib to 56' and it was mayhem for a while. Had doubles and triples fishing jet 20's 85 back with any stinger and big dipsy's 85 back on 1 setting and 100 back on the 3 setting. Biggest was an 11 lber. (32 1/2") on jet 20 and a 6 lber. (27 1/2") on confusion off the dipsy. Talked to Mike C. for a minute - it was nice to talk to another OGF Member out there. I just want to thank all the people on this site who give very valuable info to those who are trying to learn. Especially FreyedKnot, Shortdrift, Fishers of Men, and all the others who take the time to respond to questions and offer advice. You guys make this site the best. Couldn't get Pop to hold a fish but got him in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Great lookin catch there doubleheader! Looks like ya found a herd of eyes out there that had the feed bag on.

Thanks for posting the report. With the weekend coming, it will help a lot of people.

·
Love 2 Fish
139 Posts
hey dblheader i heard you on the radio as you were finishing up. I was in 48' when you were at 56 talking about your fathers day gift. We got out a little late but were on the same program as you . we packed up at 2 o'clock waves were 3-5' easy. too bad you'll be working the nxt few days as we will try to get out again this weekend. skunked today. 4 white bass but they dont count lol. nice limit ! the early troller gets the fish !

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Nice catch and hog there!!!

even better pics and thank you for the details!!!

Im glad you and your Dad got out!!!!

A great day for both you of you indeed!!!

Hope you fellas get again again and do a repeat there!!!

Frank

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anytime you can fish with your dad is special. Hope the fish stick around for a while. Good luck to all this weekend, there's plenty of eye' to go around. I'll be out mid week when I get another day off.

·
Registered
950 Posts
wow, great fish! they look kinda surreal with you holding them.

Nice talkin to you out there. hope your dad had fun.

MikeC

I ended up with 6 eyes from 39 - 42 fow all but one on watermellon stinger on a downrigger set to 33 feet fished due south of the crib.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Great catch ! I second all the infomative posts on here This is a great site. I wish my dad was still around to enjoy the fishing on erie right now. With father's day coming up make some memories

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Real nice catch. Along with Bluefin, I wish my dad was still here to fish with.
One of my best memories, is of fishing with my dad in a 14' rental boat out of Avon Lake and his first walleye ever. Remember take your dad out anytime you can. Not just for Father's Day. You won't regret it. I really miss the old man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts