close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleveland Cats

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by allspecies, Sep 23, 2004.

1. I know it's getting late and most of you guys have the Steelhead fever, but I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for spots to catch cats (preferably big ones!) in the CLeveland area...I usually get a few fishing the erie shoreline, but none this year. thanks

2. Dingo

Dingo

Try wallace or hinkley lakes. Both are stocked pretty heavily with channels, but rather lightly fished. Have caught some huge channels from wallace over the years. Concentrate on areas where runoff enters the lakes after/during a rain. Only drawback is that the parks close at 11:00pm.

3. I've fished there a few times, but never had much success...anyone know anything about the fairly new lake they created across the road??

4. Dingo

Dingo

That's not a fairly new lake. Up thru the 1970s, that was actually a shallow lake which was fishable. Since then, silt took over and made it a wetland. The metroparks/Berea water tried to make it look a bit more like a lake by making some improvements near the dam, but it's still shallow and not worth much time. Due to the dam and waterfalls downstream, nothing much migrates through there. A few resident carp and some small cats -- that's about it. Time is better spent at wallace or up the hill at coe (behind the police station).