close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cleveland Boat Show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I was just wondering if anyone was planning on going to the Boat show at the IX center next weekend? The dates are January 14-25, 2005.
    Here is a link to their website with more details about the show.
    http://www.lemta.com/boatshows/midamerica/
    This will be my first boat show since becoming a boat owner. All I can say is "LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH (and a little self control wouldn't be such a bad thing either.... :D )
    I wonder what kind of cool little boat/fishing gadgets they'll have? Come to think of it, we have been wanting a new little boat for Ladue? Nothing fancy.. just a boat. Oh, and um, I forgot, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Bait Cast Reel for myself. Hmmm.. I wonder if they will have those nifty little belt like floatation devices? Come to think of it, I would love a remote spotlight for the front of the boat, and ooops, cant forget the portable GPS unit! And oh man... can't live without a butt seat any longer.. actually, make that 2 butt seats! Shoot, one more thing.. something to clean the boat with.. inside, outside... to make it look all clean and sparkly :D okay, okay, one last thing.. an LED anchor light, and fishing pole holders... ok, sorry, that was 2 more things.. Man... maybe this whole boat show thing isn't such a good idea after all???? LOL
    I think I better go out and buy that lottery ticket tomorrow!
    Meanwhile, I will fall asleep tonight dreaming about my wish/hope/need/want/have to have list.
    Sweet Dreams!
    Marcia

2. sorry Marica the boat show has been canceled
    reelman you owe me big...lol

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Marcia, if they cancel the Cleveland show you can come on down to Columbus. We'll have a booth there where you can store your "Goodies" while you shop for more. Reelman, send money and we'll make sure it all get returned.

4. Reel Lady

Don't worry Dale... The Columbus show is on my calendar too! :D

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'm not sure here, but I think he was joking? Reelman must be her husband (just guessing??) and bigjohns just trying to save him some money :D

6. DaleM

Yes Fishman, it was a joke! She's use to us here. Reelman is her husband, and Yes he does owe us! :D

7. Hey ReelLady - Since Vic's Sportcenter picked up the Stratos boat line this season I kinda wiggled my way in to help them promote and sell Stratos.

The cool thing is ~ as the director of the LaDue events I have also been working hard to get them focused on the small electric only rigs too - stuff that is suited for SAFE and inexpensive travel on "Mother".

I'm not sure if he is going to have any of the jon boats there- but stop in and at least I could give you some thoughts on what is being offered!

Maybe if you make BASSMASTER again you can mention I sold you your first Electric boat!!! :)

Nip
    www.dobass.com

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

thats awesome Vic's picked up Stratos, there wasn't many dealers in Ohio. They make one hell of a boat

9. I probably will not be making it to the boat show this year! Between my 2 boats (8' and a 20') I'm in enough trouble! :p

10. DaleM

I agree Bill. If you get another one you'll most likely be living in it--- ALONE!!

11. I usually attend every year. Lots of nice boats to look at. Some of those big ones are $500,000+ :eek:

Some of the best deals you tend to see every year are:

Sportsman's Outpost (Denny) usually has some killer deals on trolling reels (linecounters), trolling rods, miscellaneous boat gear (rod holders, etc) and Reef Runners.

Boaters World has some great deals (either close outs or "show prices") on GPS and finders and the cartography chips.

On Saturday January 22, Jim Stedke (ETT) is conducting an all-day Lake Erie Fishing school along with PWT Pro Mark Brumbaugh and other noted fishermen. I believe their are daily seminars (about every 2 hours) by Mark and Jim, too. This link describes it in more detail:
    http://www.boatohio.com/forums/DCForumID14/485.html##

Tim

12. Fish2day

Fish2day member

I tried skipping the show last year. I don't advise it. I'll have to go twice this year just to make up for the withdrawal.

And Reel Lady .... that's not a "wish list". Everyone on this site knows that it's all "MUST HAVE" equipment. Before you spend that buck on a lottery ticket, think about how many hooks, sinkers or other truly necessary things you can buy with it! :D :D :D

13. Reel Lady,
    Belt like floatation device? Would that be a belly boat or some call it a float tube? You also forgot to get an AquaVue. Have fun and spend as much of Reelman's money (not yours) as you can.

14. Reel Lady

Wormdunker,
    I've seen these "non-invasive" type of PFD that pretty much just looks like a belt. Other than that, I'm clueless...
    As for the AquaView...
    We picked one up over the summer :D
    Oh, I have a great idea.... I say that if anyone here goes to the show, that they should wear their OGF shirt, hat, or whatever. That way we can recognize eachother. :D So, if you dont have your OGF shirts yet... NOW would be a GREAT time to buy one!

15. Reel Lady

AND, as for Triton Bill not going to the boat show... I think not!!!! REELMAN has already called him up and informed him that he will personally pick him up and take him! So Bill... looks like you have no choice in the matter. :D

16. I feel like I was at a boat show today. I was looking at Ranger's , Triton's , Skeeter's and Champions today. It was about 6 hours of shopping and drooling over sweet looking 20 - 21 foot bass boats.

Now now....don't think it was for me! :rolleyes:

I have a buddy that is shopping for a new one.

Boat show..just don't know if I can make it next weekend. I need to take my boat on Saturday to Norton Marine to get a few things taken care of.

What day are the Reel People going?

17. DaleM

Bill, if Marcia has her way they will be there EVERYDAY! :D

18. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Dale,
    We were there Friday and Saturday. We will probably go again today or Monday. I'm certain we will end up there next Saturday and possibly one other day. I'm also beginning to fear we are trading in our 7 month old Tracker Tundra for a 21 ft deep V. We've narrowed it down to one of 4 brands Ranger, Stratos, Skeeter, and Tracker. We're leaning the heaviest towards the Ranger and the Skeeter. Maybe going to the boat show wasn't such a good idea after all. :eek:
    Nipididdee it was nice to meet you at Vic's booth. Vic seems like a great guy and I would recommend anyone shopping for a boat in NE Ohio to pay him a visit.

19. Reel Lady

OMG....Well, I know that you all have read my Wish/Want/Gotta Have list that I posted earlier in this thread. Ya wanna know something really funny? I don't think that I looked at any one of those items on my list. Reel Man and I ended up seriously persuing the purchase of a new boat. Buckeye had a beautiful 21' Tundra Fishing Team Edition. It's a 2004 and very very pretty. Unfortunately, it has a dual console, which for us, just won't work. We really need a walk-thru. We went over to Vics to check out what they had that would be comparable in size. We were looking at the 21' Stratos MSX with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke, the Skeeter ZX 2050 with the same motor, and lastly the Ranger 621DVS with a Evinrude E-Tec 225.
    I'll be honest in telling you that if it was Vic that was Ranger boat, that we would have signed the papers last night. If you've never met or worked with Vic, I can tell you that he is one AWESOME person. Not only is he very knowledgable of boats, he is a serious fisherman who understands the needs of a fisherman. I would LOVE the opportunity to go and fish with him sometime. Vic, if you're reading this.... :D You have my number ;)
    The Ranger boat, I think, was prettier than the Skeeter or Stratos. But, obviously carries a heftier price tag. Our salesman there was very knowledable, but not quite as personable as Vic. Anyone who knows Rob and I, know that we are very personable people, and tend to drift toward people like ourselves. Personally, I think that Vic's needs to pick up the Ranger Line of boats :D I'm certain that he would take good care of us.
    Ranger has this "Fear no Fish" promotion right now. Basically, they are including 2,400.00 of extra goodies with the purchase of a new Ranger. These gifts include a leather jacket with the Ranger logo, 3 G Loomis Rods, 2 Rod/Reel combos, a loaded tackle box geared toward walleye or bass (your pick), and some other misc. stuff.
    Vic's and Nortons came up with the identical Trade in value for our Tundra, where as Buckeye came up short. Suprising huh? Yeah, we thought that too, being that we purchased the boat from them in the first place.....
    Isn't this just too funny??? A new boat? I mean, our Tundra isn't even 8 months old! But, now that we know what kind of use we will get out of this boat, we can justify moving into a bigger boat.
    I know, I know... we are a bit nutz....but, that's why you love me! :p
    So..... where were all of my OGF friends at over the weekend???? Has anyone else caught the "New Boat" bug too???

20. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I caught the new and bigger boat bug also. Only problem is my new boat is used. I don't mind. The way I'll keep it and fix it up people will think it's pretty new. No boat show for me. I'll be at the Sportsman show in March. After I get done working the casting kids booth I'll see all the new boats then.