Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Cleveland yesterday with Frank (fishon) Started the day out in Bratanhal off the twin buildings, in 40-50 FOW. In 3 ½ hours in this spot we boated about 20-23 walleye, biggest was a nice fat 28 incher that fish came on a Eriedecent 85 back, we were running a dipsey and cranks program and the divers didn’t do much boated a couple on 1 ½ setting at 38 back, Mrs Paul’s stinger, Renosky Cranks where good in Orange Fire Glow, and Mirror Image, green and perch took many fish as well, Clown Husky deep was good as well.

Headed back to Edgewater to drop off one guy and is 6 fish then headed back out with my cousin, went over to 38-48 feet of water between the Rocky and Gold Coast and started lighting them up good over there. Renosky’s 30-90 back, and Bare Naked and Eriedecent Rip Stick 50 and 80 back took fish, in this area we boated a couple nice 27’s at 50 back.

Throughout the day we caught close to 40 walleye with 5 nice quality fish the rest 2003 clones but had close to 50 bites with some fish not hooking up and lost a few better than average ones too. Speed all day was 2.6 being the best but caught fish at 2.3 and up to 3.1. No fish came deep all of them came up high. We headed in about 8:20 and started around 12:30. Talked to Freyed knot and Peerless always nice to talk to some of the C-Town Crew.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Good fishing and thanks for the report. I hope to get out later this week after doing some "home"work and letting this unstable weather pass. Doesn't look like the lake is going to get agitated too much from this early week front. Fishing should continue to be good.

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
We did well off of Edgewater yesterday. Boated 20 with 3 over 7# .Pretty much the same program as KGone. Renosky's mirror image and perch HJ's. 30-50' back worked best for us. We also caught a few on a dipsey #3 setting 30' back. All the fish were in the top 25'. I ran my speed and temp sensor on the downrigger for the first time. The surface temp was 71 in 48'. At 10' down the temp was 55.2 and at 40' down the temp was 54.8. Pretty much the same temp from 10' to the bottom.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohh and I forgot to mention I got bit by a walleye for the first time EVER. I have handled 1000's of walleye in my life and never once did one try and clamp down on my hand. well a nasty mean :mad: pissed off 2003 decided he was going to put an end to that. CHOMP DAAAAAANG he plugged me with no less than 5 of his teeth including the big ones in the front. SOB did that hurt.

Anyone getting revenge from catching walleye and getting bit.

I've gotten bit by catfish they will clamp down but never a walleye, once there mouth is open it's open not this guy, he must like like polish guys or something. :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thats cuz your a tasty looking morsal. Maybe it was the tatoos which color did it go after, I'll run that color next time out.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
next spoon Color= kgone kielbasa

LOL!!!!

he must of tasted some keilbasa on your fingers and decided to have a taste..

LOL.... that was funny.... u were so pissed..... them fish were fiesty yesterday weren't they..

Frank

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
LOL...... a bunch man eating walleye... watch out.....LOL

.. actully i think he did keep that one......its Crisco bath for that fish!!!!

so we will be all safe...

Frank

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow I just took a beating on that one, Frank you saw that diliberate bite, NOT COOL. and yeah I was mad.

kgone kielbasa---I like the sound of that one, when we start rolling out our blades and custom Peerless spoons you know everyone we know will have on named after them, we'll have our own fun with that.

Kgone Kielbasa
Hornbucker
Viper's Bucket LOL

Just a few that came to mind.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OMG I just busted out laughing, you got me rolling over the radio yesterday too. To Daaaang funny.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Way to stay on them!! We'll have to hook up some time. Hows that custom cisco rack? I love the gimbal set-up I got this year!!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
booooooooooo!!

Fishon Frank's Contour spoon = purple with a squiggley line up the middle with one black dot for a false waypoint!!!

figure that one was thrown in.... when am i ever gonna head the end of the one.....

Gotone,
It's been great Steve.... and yes we do have to get together soon ... either put a hurtin on these fish or some beer or the great food......

Frank

·
"SUPPERS READY" ON 68
254 Posts
K Gone, Saw You Out There. We Were A Little East Of You. Picked Up 4 Really Quick Off The Boards. Bare Naked And 20 Jet W/ Kavorkian Than It Died For A While . Marked A Hell Of A Lot Of Baitfish. In The 49'. Saw 2 Boats Out There Off The Towers. Must Have Been You. Started Headin That Way And Picked 2 Nice 25" In A Row.came Off The Harness. Than Had To Leave. Sounds Like You Had The Program Down. Good Job.

"SUPPERS READY" ON 68

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it was pretty good out there, lots of fish on the lines that day, I'm a crank fisherman by nature so when they are fireing good on cranks I can dial them in pretty good.

I did see a hardtop out there but you have the big Crestliner blue I believe?

·
"SUPPERS READY" ON 68
254 Posts
YEA BLUE CRESTLINER SOFT TOP. I'LL BE SURE TO GIVE YOU A SHOUT WHEN I GET BACK OUT. THE WIFE AND I ARE TAKING THE KIDS TO DISNEY TOMORROW. SO I WONT BE FISHING TILL THE 16th. I WILL DEFINATLY BE JONESING BY THAT TIME FOR SOME EYES.
GOOD LUCK.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HA HA, Actually my brother is a polka hero along with my dad, both of them play polkas all the time, and with instraments, by dad's been in a band since he was a kid, I'm actually on the cover of a polka album believe it not a music video too. no tunes on the boat I have a Clarion CD player but it's not working at the moment, all I know is I cut him up and he will be enjoyed by my aunt and uncle and there kids, so he got what was coming to him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts