Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on Cleveland area Harbors and/or places to go for crappie and bass would be greatly appreciated.I live in Lakewood and fairly new to the area and was hoping to get into some action today after the cavs game.I'll be in a 17'Bass Tracker.I've heard Wildwood,E.72nd and Edgewater.What do you guys think?Also poit me out to some bait shops an the area.Thanks to all!:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
With the weather and waves....why not give the Rocky River smallies a shot?
Catch and release immediately. Best of luck.

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
I was just down at Edgewater Marina to try some crappie fishing. You can forget about it today. The north wind is howling. Usually at this time of year the crappie, rock bass, blue gill, and bass fishing is excellent in the marinas. You need south winds or a calm day. If you launch at Edgewater try fishing around the pylons in the marinas. I've hooked northern in there as well (never landed one).

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've done well in the Edgewater marina for rock bass and LM. It seems like I always start fishing it after the crappie leave. The rock bass in there are huge and should be in thick in a couple of weeks. I just use a little tube jig in the rocks. It's a blast on the ultra light.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
L&D is on detroit just east of Harry Buffalo, it a little strip on the north side of the street, he's a tool box of a charectar but he will have what you need, you can jump on 90 and go to Shine's on 55th exit freeway at 55th street hang a right and go up a mile he's on your left had side.

Any breakwall will provide decent bass action, try pitching worms with little weight, white or chartruse spinner baits are always good and shad raps do okay at time, prepare to hang up a little bit. There are some nice little backwater areas around 55th marina as well. might catch a pike this time of year as peerless said.

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
you might also catch some walleye in the weed in summer too. the airport rip rap holds a lot of bass and huge rock bass.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas!Appreciate the help.Gonna hit somewhere in the area on Sunday if anyone wants to go.I have a 17' Bass Tracker and cant go out to far for the 'eyes but would love to get into them sometime.Thinking about East Harbor bass fishin too(depending on the wind).Let me know.Would love to meet some new peeps to fish with in the area and would be more than happy to swap trips to Erie for Central Ohio bassin and saugeye.Thanks.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts