Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the report! out of curiosity, what does 9/12 mean? I'm guessing landed 9 out of 12 hookups? Thanks
That’s correct. 9 of 12 fish netted. I forgot my trolling bags so with the wind I was a little fast at 2.2-2.5, this direction is when I lost a few fish. Into the wind at 1.7 I think allowed them the time to get ahold of the lure a little better.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I got four fish in 2 1/2 hours on Saturday 5/14. I was out of Rocky and fished due north of some large multi family buildings in 50-52fow. I’m new to fishing Cleveland - are those the ‘condos’? My brother lives in Lakewood now so I’ll be fishing a lot out of Rocky going forward. Fish were not active but definitely were there. Saw a lot of high marks in 5-10ft range on LiveScope but the super short leads never hit. Maybe not walleye. I saw 59 degrees at the surface out there. The lures coming from the deep would fog up so the ‘down temps’ are still low. I saw a boat pack closer in so I assume there was a better bite shallow. Someone in my crew wasn’t feeling well so we cut the day short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
We fished from 6-9:30 and only managed 2 fish. Started in tight early near the gold coast with nothing to show. Then bumped out to 43-45 fow, decent marks but everything was low and we could not get them to fire. Water was 60 degrees, probably try some harnesses next time out.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
We fished from 6-9:30 and only managed 2 fish. Started in tight early near the gold coast with nothing to show. Then bumped out to 43-45 fow, decent marks but everything was low and we could not get them to fire. Water was 60 degrees, probably try some harnesses next time out.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
i think they are still moving around. i went out last wednesday shallow and got 3 and lost 2 went out saturday shallow and got the skunk. its close

1 - 13 of 13 Posts