Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started trolling at 7:00 first fish about 8:00 last one at 11:30. Blue/silver, green/silver, black/silver HJ 12's 40' back. Pic of my bro with the catch,I know it looks like he had a rough night. Biggest was 8 pounds.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Those are dandys......most look like they were stamped outta the same mold.
headed out now to cast the rocks.....i just need 4.:D :B

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Would you mind sharing where you lanched your boat

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
Nice fish! Now, does anybody know where those fish might try spawning?? Old Cleveland stadium reef? Windblown shoreline? Cuyahoga R.(ugh!)? Obviously local fish-not from the western basin.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Nice fish! Now, does anybody know where those fish might try spawning?? Old Cleveland stadium reef? Windblown shoreline? Cuyahoga R.(ugh!)? Obviously local fish-not from the western basin.
I often wonder the same thing.....i believe these fish are locals, same bunch that come in near shore in the fall. seen a good number of big fish caught. i was there tonight and caught 2 and had 2 others come unbuttoned. the 2 i caught look damn near identical, prolly 30" & 10 lbs each, haven't measured them yet. i was casting off the rocks @ 72nd street. blue/silver HJ12's worked best for me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have also wondered that, however, those fish look spawned out to me and could have come from out west. Tracking studies have found them to move great distances in short amounts of time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother and I were wondering the same thing. My guess is they are locals . By the way it was p.m. I failed to mention that in original post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts