Make Them Believers
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3562.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_3669.JPG
Took out my Two neighbors Bill and Stan for a shot at some Late Fall Perch Action! Put in at 72nd and it started searching! Waves were 2-4s subsiding to 1-3s! Was really worried the perch were still out in deep water like they had been over a week with all the Bad weather! Figured I'd just idle through all depths starting at 25 feet and watch the Screen out to 45 feet! But I noticed a Big flock of Sea Gulls hovering over the water and figured two things, Baitfish on the Surface, or Some potential Whitebass action! I headed right under the Gulls and the screen lit up! I was marking a lot of fish in about 36 feet! Soo I dropped a waypoint and did a 500 foot perimeter sweep, marked a lot of fish and bait! Swung back over my waypoint and anchored! Took about 20 mins to get the fish going! Seems whenever I Anchor I generally have a 15-20 min wait before the perch begin biting! Stan is all new to perching this year and has some very outdated equipment! Bill is set in his ways and doesn't take anyone's advice on what type of fishing line to use! I begin slamming them left and right from about 9:30 am till about 12 noon! Bill showed up with about 5 dozen minnows and we were down to our last 12 when bill only had brought a 15 inch walleye in the boat all morning! He asked to be taken back to shore! Dropped him off at the dock and sent Stan for more bait! Me and Stan headed back out to a flat lake and finished our day with 60 big Perch and I caught around 24 of those throwback juvenile eyes! Caught a dozen really small Whitebass that weren't even worth keeping! Great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Way to go Girthline. You put in some work finding them, but looks like it really paid off!
You're a good man for taking your neighbors out for a day of fishing and fresh Perch dinners.

·
Thomas T.
214 Posts
Awesome report Girthline! Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Awesome job! I was going to go out yesterday too but my buddy had to take his son for basketball try out at 4 and didn't think we'd have enough time. I went hunting instead and only saw 1 small buck and a fat raccoon. Kicking myself for not going solo

·
Registered
477 Posts
View attachment 223562 View attachment 223561 View attachment 223560 View attachment 223557 View attachment 223556 Took out my Two neighbors Bill and Stan for a shot at some Late Fall Perch Action! Put in at 72nd and it started searching! Waves were 2-4s subsiding to 1-3s! Was really worried the perch were still out in deep water like they had been over a week with all the Bad weather! Figured I'd just idle through all depths starting at 25 feet and watch the Screen out to 45 feet! But I noticed a Big flock of Sea Gulls hovering over the water and figured two things, Baitfish on the Surface, or Some potential Whitebass action! I headed right under the Gulls and the screen lit up! I was marking a lot of fish in about 36 feet! Soo I dropped a waypoint and did a 500 foot perimeter sweep, marked a lot of fish and bait! Swung back over my waypoint and anchored! Took about 20 mins to get the fish going! Seems whenever I Anchor I generally have a 15-20 min wait before the perch begin biting! Stan is all new to perching this year and has some very outdated equipment! Bill is set in his ways and doesn't take anyone's advice on what type of fishing line to use! I begin slamming them left and right from about 9:30 am till about 12 noon! Bill showed up with about 5 dozen minnows and we were down to our last 12 when bill only had brought a 15 inch walleye in the boat all morning! He asked to be taken back to shore! Dropped him off at the dock and sent Stan for more bait! Me and Stan headed back out to a flat lake and finished our day with 60 big Perch and I caught around 24 of those throwback juvenile eyes! Caught a dozen really small Whitebass that weren't even worth keeping! Great day!
nice job Girth,,,,,u da man,,,planning on going out wed or thurs,,,,,,,,,might see you out there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts