Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Promised the wife if she let me fish on my birthday I’d be home early. Fished on and around the dump 62-66ft, 65ft seemed best. Yozuris took top honors again, YoMomma, Beetlejuice and Purple Leopard were best. Never caught a fish on Bandits and only a few fish on spoons. Yozuris were 140-180 off boards and spoons off dipsys were 120-3, 110-2 and 100-1. Speed was 2.7-2.9. Two steelhead also! Finished up with our 24 around 11:00 or so. Now it’s time for my buddy Ed’s works famous cheesecake!!
Fishing Recreation Sea Vehicle Recreational fishing
Fish Fish Sardine Herring Coregonus lavaretus
Fishing Fish Bass Recreation Fish

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
We went there Sat. July 4th we started at 56'and when we hit 59' game on... we ran all spoons all copper and copper backs did it for us! Kulis divers 3 and 2 settings 90 back, rigger 40 down, 20 and 40 jets 120 to 140 back!!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Happy birthday! I was out there also , pretty sure I heard ya on the radio , we got 11 good ones , lost a tank at the net ( straightened the hook on a bandit ) and several shorts , no steel yesterday ,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for the report and sounds like a great birthday. Do you guys know if you can catch steelhead around the dump all summer? 8 miles does not sound bad. Everything else I read seems to be 10 miles+

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the report and sounds like a great birthday. Do you guys know if you can catch steelhead around the dump all summer? 8 miles does not sound bad. Everything else I read seems to be 10 miles+
I suppose you could catch one here or there all summer on the dump, if I was to target them later into the summer I would be looking at 70+. I’m no steelhead expert by any means so that’s just my unprofessional opinion!

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
There’s steelies on the NE side of the dump right now. Landed 1 and had a couple hookups this weekend.
Find the bait balls up high, find the steelhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts