Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Captain
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out jiggen4eyes and my buddy dave and his son for fathers day just north of the crib.. pulled every harness possible with double colorado 2oz 55back working the best and the 800's work good in the am also. ended up 1 shy of a 4 man ticket and the little man ended up pulling the biggest fish around 6lbs. fished a small pocket of and kept working them in a NE direction that was hot for some reason

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I was out there today as well with my 2 daughters and we got went 17 for 20. We started around 9:00am and stopped at noon. We lost our last 2 pull backs trying to get our 18th keeper. What an awesome day weather wise and fishing wise. My daughters loved it cause we had consistant action. At one time we had bites on all 4 rods and we got 3 of them in. Our program was 2 ounce inlines 55 back on boards, and 40' then a 2 ounce snap weight 55 feet back for a total of 95' back straight behind the boat. Colors were orange and yellow beads, and purple and yellow and chartuese and green beads. All caught fish and all 4 rods were busy the whole time. Speed was 1.3 to 1.5. Best day by far this year for walleyes. Great to have them in the Cleveland area hopefully for a while. We trolled from northeast to Southwest with the waves. If your looking for eyes, go north of the crib about 1.5 to 2 miles. Fish marks were great in the 20' to 25' range. Have fun while it lasts.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
bluewallye thanks for the help at the ramp, never launched there. the wife and i got 12. lost 2 and released 3. tried calling you. we did good in 59 fow ne of the crib. rockytop (BOB)

·
Registered
308 Posts
We came a few shy of our limit but had a great day taking my dad and my brother.

Everything came on a Margaritaville Harness with Dipsey running 90 back.

·
EYE GUY
462 Posts
We fished the same general area, but I don't think we got any deeper than 57fow. We pulled two tickets of healthy eyes in about six hours of trolling. Our best results coming large dipsy with ring on #3 setting 65- 70 back. Gold willow with meat caugth most the fish.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
bluewallye thanks for the help at the ramp, never launched there. the wife and i got 12. lost 2 and released 3. tried calling you. we did good in 59 fow ne of the crib. rockytop (BOB)
Hey Rocky, I was trying to call you as well. Did you have your radio on channel 68? Glad you guys got them as well. There must be a huge school of them out there. We were more NW of the crib, but I could see the boats out your way. We fished more south of the big pack out there. It was a blast. Nice meeting you and your wife as well. Im on vacation next week and I hope that the school sticks around for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts