Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm Zach and i'm looking for sum buddies to fish and hunt with. I'm new to this area and love outdoor sports. I just got married last April to my wife Julie. She is from the Cincinnati area and met me in college at SSU in Portsmouth(where im from). We live outside of Newtonsville and Owensville.

I enjoy fishing Catfish,Bass,Crappie,Carp and anything else really. I like to try new things. I love catching Snapping turtles and am looking into frog gigging. I love hunting Whitetail and predators. This is going to be my first year trapping muskrat,**** and beaver. I'm learning how to tann and trap many different animals and also I'm making cage traps for snapping turtles. I enjoy playing golf from time to time as well. I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy. I try to live drama free as much as possible. I work a third shift job so I'm up in the evening and mornings a lot. hit me up and lets slay sum bass n cats!:B

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you a yaker? I am alway looking for a fishing buddy. I live in brown county and I fish Grant lake and East Fork alot.

Ps Its 3 am and I am getting ready to gear up and hit the water early this morning. That should tell ya what kind of fishing I like to do lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Loveland Milford area and always looking for someone to fish with. I do work a lot and am in grad school but can always make time for a little fishing. I have a yak and like to wade as well.

I like to live drama free as well!!

Man, I feel like this just turned in to a dating site?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't have a yak. I have never fished Grants lake but I have Eastfork alittle. I'm off work Friday and can fish all day Friday. I get off work at 6 am in the mornings this week.. so im down for hanging in the mornings too...maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Yea it feels kinda weird lookin for buddies this way but I'm new to the area and don't know a lot of people. I always have to drive all the way to Scioto County (where I used to live) to hang with friends. Just looking for hard core fisherman like myself to hang with. I'm all about beating my personal records and catching that monster fish. Do you guys bank fish much? I don't have a boat but am looking to get one in the next few years. I fish lakes,streams.rivers and ponds. Heres sum of the fish I've caught this month. Still looking for a monster bass but I've been slinging them left and right at my brother in laws ponds

Two snappers trapped!

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
Hey Turtlejugger, you still a member at the Anglers Club? Lots of great folks up there !

Fishing is hot there right now ! Havent seenyou up there lately..........

Dues are due by August 11.......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey I got a official bank check for my dues. I had company last weekend and could not make it. I'm mailing my dues with my key. less I can just meet someone up there during the week.

I might be there today or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sad to say but I've never fish East Fork and have been in the area for over 10 years. Mostly, I fish from my yak but bank fishing is good too, especially if I'm catching fish. I do quit a bit of wading up and down the LMR.

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
Saturday August 10th the Recording Secretary will be accepting dues at the lake.

Bring your key as they changed the locks

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Perch. I'll be there the 10th. Did they change the locks yet? can I get in with the old key right now?

Oh me and my wife checked out Indian Creek yesterday in Fayetteville. I counted 44 ponds on the map and we investigated a few. Going there Sunday to try fishing them and exploring the area more.. Anyone who wants to come are welcome...gonna try bass and bullhead fishing. theres something about old county ponds that I love. u never know what lurks within.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts