close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by campmaster, Mar 28, 2005.

1. campmaster

campmaster campmaster

I am going to be camping over at Clendening all year and I've never fished it before.Any advise members could give would be greatly appreciated.Especially on bass and saugeye

2. It's a real tough lake to fish, good luck.

3. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

i agree with action. tough lake. i have had some success casting shad raps to the shore line. also twister tails. mainly catch bass that way but pick up a few saugeyes that way too. good luck. are you boat fishing? i never did good from shore there. better off to go to tappan to shore fish.

4. campmaster

campmaster campmaster

Thanks to Sauguy and Action for your reply.Doesn't sound to promising.But will get it my best shot .Always did like a chalenge.By the way I fish from a boat

5. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

did not want to discourage you. i still fish it on my vacations. i like it cause it is quiet and on weekdays you have it to yourself. try it you might see me out there also.

6. Check at Mike's Bait Shop on 799. He seems to have a real good feel for the lake.

7. I night fish it some in the summer.Have had good luck on largemouths throwing Jig/pig and large plastics. Nice and quiet also. Don't hesitate to throw a night throb spinner bait either.One of my favorites

8. I agree with Action this is a real tough lake to fish but with persistence you can catch a lot of fish there though.I myself use tiny traps and rooster tails and I aalso use shad raps and black buzz baits they seem to be the best for me. Good luck and dont catch them all. SAUGEYSLAYER1