close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flipp, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I heard that they are going to work on the dam does anyone know how long I hope it is fixed by spring. thanks

2. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

i am not sure what is being done but the lake is down at least 8 to 10 feet, i'd say 10.
    lived around here 30 some years and have never seen it this low.
    tim

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

They got it down pretty far. You can see just about every thing that usually you can't.

4. bttmline

i was wanting to do my bank walk for lure and to take some pictures of structure never seen before.
    tim

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Tim, I am wanting to do the same. Maybe we can hook up together sometime and go......Warning though, even though I have a bad knee and am a fat rear, I will still dive for the first lure! :D kidding ya, I just want to get out to check it out!

6. have done the same thing at alum and most of the time i found lures that made me wonder what the heck was this guy was thinking. could be though someone beet me to the good stuff.

7. The spillway at clendenning always smells lake rank septic or something...what is up with that?!?!? Did anybody catch some nice shovelheads out of there this year?

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

tightliner, I am pretty sure the smell is from some kind of bacteria or fungus or something like that. I have even been at Piedmont spillway and smelled that too, but not as bad. I have not heard of anyone catching any flattie there, but I have caught some nice channels down from it a ways. People seem to mostly catch saugeye right at and just down from the spillway though!

9. I always thought it was lake bottom sludge smell. You know that nasty mucky stuff that ain't mud that you get on your anchor?? I dunno. Dead catfish??? I remember it stinking ever since I was like 8 years old.

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

not dead catfish, I bet carp! no kidding you carp guys :D

Steinway you talking about the sewer type smell in the mud along with the black color??? stinky stuff for sure! :mad:

11. Thats the smell. They should bottle that stuff and sell it at BPS and Cabela's as a "Stink Bait". Hahaha!

Hey, any Saugeye being caught from the bank at Clendening??

12. bttmline

i believe it has something to do with oxygen content in the water. not sure!
    tim

13. Hey. Any ice on Clendening out at the 799 Bridge area. I might try to bank it sometime in the next few days on the off chance I may snag a saugeye or 2. Whats the depth down to now. I heard that they were draining it down lower than usual to work on one of the gates at on the control tower. If I don't fish, I may just go scout for some lures around the sides.

14. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Of course you heard they were lowering it more than usual, Either you saw it on here or I told you on yahoo duh! I thought I told you tere was ice the other day when I was there........There was a small opening that if you fish vertically from the bridge you might be able to do something........Is your mom going to waste her time taking you out or is your dad off??? you would prob have better luck and more fun if you went to look for lures and what not!

15. I figured I would ask and find out what was up, and no, I didn't know there was ice on the lake, and dad is too lazy to go fishing this weekend. He talks a good talk when its fall, but when it comes right down to it, he doesn't seem to have much of a desire to fish when its in the 50's. He is going to sit at home and clean the garage. I would rather jump in the lake right now than clean the garage! I am aiming for the last week of march to start back to fishing.

16. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Oh man if you wait that long you may miss some fish! I may have to get ya off your ### before that!