close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clendening today

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sauguy, Sep 29, 2004.

1. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

went to clendening today with mrtwister_jbo. caught a lot of different kinds of fish. bass, two were about 14 inch, 3 saugeyes a 9 inch rockbass, a channel cat numerous other small bass plus a bunch of bluegills. had a good time with mrtwister_jbo. this was the first time i ever caught anything on a shad rap. some guys swear by them, made a believer out of me. taking the wife friday. hope we catch something then.

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Glad to hear the report! Any details about what areas to be fishing?? close to shore, or cover?? If my truck is fixed tomorrow, I thought about heading to the lake to try for something. I may try Friday afternoon/evening too. Just depends on if I still do the cattin trip I was planning!

I also have not used the shad raps. I am too poor to spend 5 bucks or whatever they are for one lure. Some day though, I will have a bo full of them! :p

3. sauguy

we were casting the shoreline. we caught a lot casting to the brushy parts. under the brush and around any fallen trees. fished around the tipp ramp and the north shore going east. we also cast some twister tails. white, yellow and chart. i know what you mean about the five buck shad raps. we did not lose any, but a couple of times we had to stop and dig a snagged one out of the brush. can't aford to lose many of them like a twister tail. good luck if you go friday.

4. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

hey sauguy
    how are the water levels? i was down there about 5 days ago and it was still very high.
    bttmline

5. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I might be down sat or sunday Bass fishing. Let me know If any body is down there this weekend.

Good Luck

6. just wanted 2 say thxs again dennis 4 a very enjoyable time. :cool:
    we did catch alot of fish an afew nice one's at that :D
    shad rapps were the ticket for sure an the bigger fish came off of logs off shore nothing big real close 2 shore most were caught 5or6 yrds from shore
    on a medium fast retieve
    mrtwister_jbo
    jimbo

dennis thxs again my friend
    ps i realy liked that new trolling motor :D

7. sauguy

the tipp ramp is back to about normal, no problem getting boats on or off. i dont know about the marina ramp or 799 either. will be there friday with the wife trying our luck. it was a pleasure to fish with you again jimbo, any time. will still fish from shore at tappen, so look for us.

8. Saugeye are hitting on blade bates (vibes ,sonars and hopkins ) at clendening lake off of 799 right now. Been catching them in the afternoon around 3 and 4 havent had much luck in the evenings.Average size is about 15 to 20 inches GOOD EATER SIZE. Untill later I hope to see you there.

9. Hey, anybody had any luck with catfish here lately? Last time I went, I had bait, but didn't get a chance to sit long enough to get a substantial hit. Anybody catch anything, even dinks. Haha! :)

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

A better place to check is in the Catfish Discussion area! That is where I posted my cattin trips anywho!

Andrew, I sent you a message on yahoo! :)