close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening today 7/29

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Jul 29, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Anyone going to Clendening today??? I am planning on going there this afternoon when I get done working! Also, anyone have any tips?? bass?? saugeyes??

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

i was there till about noon. 2 small saugeyes and 1 catfish. went to the 799 ramp. saw one of the bald eagles, neat. then my motor started acting up. electric starter problem. left to see what was wrong with my motor. good luck to you. one saugeye on wht twistertail, the cat and other saugeye on gold hotntots trolled.

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

The bass are scattered I caught In the shallow water and in deep water sat and sunday. I caught some on a spinnerbait crankbait, Tube Jig, and flippin a tube.

Good Luck

4. sauguy

thanks flipp. going again friday to try to catch some at clendening. rockbass, i just missed you at the tipp ramp. i drove by around 6pm and saw a red ranger in the first parking spot. was that your rig? one day we will meet up.

5. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Good Luck Sauguy

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yes that was me! I put in not too much before 6 too!

I decided to go out of my usual area and try a bank I normally would just pass up! I also went away from just throwing a tube or worm and decide I was going to throw a big ol home made spinnerbait. in about a hundred yard stretch, I caught a channel cat around 15 inches long and a lg mouth that was 16 1/4 or so long and about 2 1/2 lbs. so far that is the biggest bass I have caught out of my boat. All others have been smaller!

7. sauguy

nice bass. did not go to clendening fri morning weather was too bad. lost power at cabin a couple times. after storm we went to tappan. 1 rockbass, 1 saugeye and 1 bluegill. going back to tappan this evening. heading home sat morning. good luck on any fishing you do.