Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit Clendening Spillway tonite with TCBA1987 from after 6 til DARK...We had heard on another fishing site that the spillways were just BOOMING! So we had to try it since this is the only day that it is suppose to be 50 degrees for the next 10 days...

We threw the normal saugeye baits with NO hits at all...threw grubs (white, green w/ yellow tail, chartreuese, and a couple other colors) also threw Husky Jerks, Rogues, ETC...

I ended up catching 1 NICE 11in Crappie on a KVD Signature Jerk Bait (chrome/black) That was the only bite we had all nite!

Attachments

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
769 Posts
did they ever finnish working on the bridge across the spillway? last time i was down there, they had a construction trailer and stuff all over the place.

·
Tuscarawas River Angler
2,375 Posts
NO..........they arent finished .............the bridge is still completely out !!! the road was closed off but it was obvious that other people had been driving back there so we gave it a try. we had heard that the saugeyes were really hitting at the spillway !!! :mad:

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
769 Posts
the only time i ever had luck there was when the water was really high, up to the top of the rocks.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldnt say we had any kind of LUCK...We only had one bite in almost a 2 hour period...Just one stupid fish...lol...I think we may have done better though if we would have had minnows...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts