close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening saugeye

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugeyeslayer1, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Went fishing on the bridge on 799 last night and I got a 7lbs7ounce saugeye.Got it on a black and chrome vibe.No one else caught anything while I was there.It is still slow down there right now but if you put in the time you can get a few keeper size fish.

2. WOW! Really nice saugeye. Nice job, hope you get some more them like that.

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

nice fish man!! thats the thing with those bridges, putting in the time. my friend took me out there for a month just about every other day and i caught a few good fish up to 5lbs and lots of eaters and then one day BOOM!! i got a 7 lbs 14 oz saugeye (my biggest)
    plus got 3more over 7 lbs pounds last year !!

4. About how long is a 7 pounder? I got 2 that were 23" one year but cant guess weight very good and dont have a scale. I have pictures, maybe I will figure out how to use my scanner and get them on here some day.

5. The weight can vary a lot due to many factors, body of water, genetics, time of year, gender, etc. However, I would probably blindly guess a 23" fish in the 4.5-5.0# range. It could go over or under although I would not think it would miss those numbers by much.

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

my fish 7lbs and up were all over 26 but not over 28 inches but they were fat !!! they really fill up on shad at this time of year. i would guesstimate your fish at around 5 lbs

7. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Ditto on that 4-5 pounds. Nice fish slayer!! There should be some 9's and bigger from the bridges before it's over this Fall. Black & Chrome??? Did ya color the blade yourself or was it the black/chrome w/glitter?

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I went to Tappan this morn. (tues) and there was a guy where I wanted to fish, so I went to Clendening. There were 3 guy son the bridge, so I fished off the one corner for a little bit casted a shad rap and vib'e Got tired of listening to them talk about this and that, so I hit below the spillway. I got bumped on a jig. I guess I will have to put more into it. I just don't like walking up within 15 ft or so of another guy and start casting unless I know him or am talking with him.

9. The saugeye that I caught off of the bridge on 799 was 29 1/2 inches and weighed 7lbs7ounces I had it weighed at Mikes bait shop. I will try to put a pic of it on here and yes it was a black and chrome with glitter vibee.Thanks Cory for the info on the lake levels helped out alot.

10. I was guessing mine were around 6 or 6.5 but 5 pounds still makes me happy. I will get a few pics up on here sometime.