close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clendening Lake

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flipp, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Does anybody know what the water level is and is it muddy?

Thanks

2. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

there is no doupt in my mind it is muddy. and if you can get to the ramps they will be under water. most of the roads going to clendening are flooded and 800 is closed completely north of stillwater. if you venture out be darn careful.
    bttmline

3. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

the ramp at tipp is open, the marina ramp is not, the 799 ramp is open but the walk way is under water. it is high and muddy as is tappen. you can launch at tipp but most of the ramp is under water. this is the highest levels that i have seen in the 13 years i have been coming there. our rain gauge tops out at 6 inches and it was over flowing from this weeks storms. good luck and be careful, alot of floating junk.

4. yo dennis i go under monday morn at 9am!!
    not looking 4ward 2 it either :(
    i'll be sore 4 a few days but am off work all week :eek:
    maybe the lakes will settled down by the end of the month an we can get out
    :)
    mrtwister_jbo

5. Launch at Tipp is open, and is in decent shape, may have to get your feet wet to put a boat in. Water is pretty muddy, but that hasn't stopped the catfish from biting any. Caught 4 channels and a small flattie out there today. I was going to fish at Salt Fork, but gosh darn if they didn't close everything. Wish I would've known that before we went clear to Cambridge, and then back-roaded it out to Clendening. Clendening is the only lake around that I have heard that you can get a boat into. The ramp at Tipp is the only spot that I know of that is useable.

6. sauguy

i helped push a couple of guys off shore at the tipp ramp. they said that they came from salt fork and it was closed. was that you?

7. Don Whiteman

Don Whiteman foreverfishing

We went to Salt Fork last Thurs. for a few days of R&R, ie. camping, fishingHA!! They closed the lake before we ever got on the water. When we left today, the girls in the camp office said Tues at the earliest before they open the lake, and only after they retrieve all the docks floating out in the lake. What a mess!!

8. Yes, thanks for helping us push off!

9. sauguy

glad you caught some fish. the wife and i did not fish because of the high water, maybe we should have.

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I just have one question for Steinway, did the blue gloves attract the fish??? hahahahaha! :rolleyes:

When I was out there Thursday night, the area below the dam looked like a lake

Andrew, When are you guys planning another trip?? Maybe sometime we will meet up at one of the lakes!

11. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I fished it sunday got 4 bass 1, 6 lbs I couldn't belive it when I got in the boat. The lakes will probably come up again this weekend when Ivan comes.

Thanks guys

12. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Flipp,

What were you using?? If you will tell! :eek: I may try it out this thursday or friday night depending on the rain. I am not a seasoned basser on the lakes so much, so I am pretty clueless about high water bassin!

Thanks for any info!

13. Rockbass,
    I'm not as sure about the blue gloves as I am about the minnows catching fish. Ya, I'll have to see about co-ordinating that with the Ole' Man, and see when we are planning another trip out with the boat. We banked it tonight, and all we snagged were a few bluegill on crawlers. Bait shop on 800 didn't have any minnows. Took 4 bluegill for bait, and took 3 home. Didn't even snag a little channel cat. And I was wearing the blue gloves too!! :) Perhaps its the shiny silvery boat that attracts them, because I have read in some magazines about catching channels on spoons. Im not quite sure if that would work. Always a desparation tactic. :) Ill catch ya later!