Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I plan on doing some spring turkey hunting down around Clendening Lake using my Jon boat for access. With only hunting till noon I’d like to fish a little making the trip down there. Just wondering how the fishing is and if any species is better to target than another. Any info about the turkey population would also be appreciated if you have any. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
" Quit Cryin' and Fish"
353 Posts
There are turkey there but be careful.
That public access around the lake gets hunted extremely hard. Thrre are several roads around the lake that allow access from their also. You're sneaking in on a bird from the lake and there's probably another hunter coming in from the other side.
My best friend used to hunt clendening mostly but for the most part has moved on due to hunter pressure.
Good luck, be safe

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are turkey there but be careful.
That public access around the lake gets hunted extremely hard. Thrre are several roads around the lake that allow access from their also. You're sneaking in on a bird from the lake and there's probably another hunter coming in from the other side.
My best friend used to hunt clendening mostly but for the most part has moved on due to hunter pressure.
Good luck, be safe
Good to know. Thanks. I hunted there deer gun season and came in from the road. Seems it would be easier to cover more ground from the boat. And get a little fishing in after.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I dont wanna start a new topic cuz this is the most recent post about it but I'm coming down from Cleveland next weekend to hopefully do some fishin on Clendening. I'm gonna rent a kayak from the marina, any tips or cool bays I should check out?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went Sunday. Caught one largemouth a few bluegill and a handful of white bass. Pretty lake. Water temp from 51-55. No turkeys gobbling either.

·
Kunafish
53 Posts
Hello. I plan on doing some spring turkey hunting down around Clendening Lake using my Jon boat for access. With only hunting till noon I’d like to fish a little making the trip down there. Just wondering how the fishing is and if any species is better to target than another. Any info about the turkey population would also be appreciated if you have any. Thanks.

I used to fish there for saugeye years ago Just west of the marina. There are also some crappie and some nice bass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts