close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

clendening in the mornin

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrtwister_jbo, Jul 19, 2004.

1. heading 2 clendening in the mornin with fellow ogf'er sauguy an was just wondering if anyone has been doing anything there :cool:
    mrtwister_jbo
    jimbo

ps dennis have my car packed am ready 2 go see you in the mornin same place same time lol :D

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

mrtwister, I am waiting on the follow-up to your trip! I have not been doing well at Clendening. I don't know if it is the fish or just me!

3. well we hit it pretty hard casting 4 about 6hrs mostly tails but threw
    just about everything i had at them (even threw my 1st tube bait)1st cast in the trees :( o well we caught a few on tails 1 on a spinner bait(sauguy got that one ) i caught a rockbass on a rubber worm, biggest lg mouth about 13''
    got on white twister skipped under a tree sauguy got a saugeye on a twister
    ended up with around 5 or 6 gills //2 lg mouth//1saugeye/1rockbass
    then we trolled backed 2 the truck an we got 2 white bass 1 was about 14''
    the other smaller both on a rapala fat rap black an silver
    other than that was the rackcoon that followed us 4 about a hr swimming out 2 were we cast then he found him a floater an was gone 4 dinner :D
    seen 2 coons an a mink or a weasle not sure it was small skinny dark brown eating crawdads :confused:
    mrtwister_jbo
    the dawg days r here :)

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

At least you did not go without any fish! At least I know I am not the only one not catching fish. Clendening is the only place I have had my boat since I bought it and I have not done well at all. I thought well it is prb just time of year, but also thought maybe my bassin skills are not what they used to be.

I am planning on taking the boat out again today in a couple hours afterI get done here at work, so I will report if I do anything worth talking about!

5. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

you are not the only one having trouble figuring out clendening. i am planning on hitting it heavy the next few days. the wife and i , thought we would try tappen, got 3 cats, 2 crappie, and 1 - 3lb 19 inch saugeye. can't buy a saugeye at clendening this year. will keep trying and will post results. good luck to you and post results.

6. I would have to think that the small skinny rodent you and sauguy encountered was probably a ferret. I have been seeing more of those in recent years. Seems as man encroaches on the wild areas, the little critters that used to be hard to find, pop up almost on a regular basis now. Urban Sprawl bites the big one!

Why, just one day at O'Shaugnessy during a club tournament, I saw one doe, a chipmunk, a squirrel, two raccoons, three cats, and tossed a spinnerbait right on top of a snapping turtle. He grabbed a hold, I dragged the bait away from him and he eventually let go of the bait about ten foot from the bank. He must have thought it didn't taste very good. I can remember Mr. Twister, when my uncles used to turtle hunt out near Bloomingdale and Fernwood. You certainly know that area, huh? They used to canoe those stream, and stick there hands up under the bank, and pull out these monster snappers. I never did try turtle soup. I'm always wary whenever someone says "it tastes like chicken".

Eric

7. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I might be at Clendening Friday and Saturday in a grey sea nymph I will have a black pro bass hat come over and give me yell. How is the water level? I am gonna go after bass.

Good Luck

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

i also have a grey sea nymph with the OGF sticker on it. i will be there sat, too much rain on thr radar this morning. i wear a OGF cap. i put in at the tipp ramp and fish the dam end of the lake. say hello if you see me. the water is a little higher than usual but not much. good luck.

9. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Okay I will see you tommorrow.